The 2% of Using Paypal as a Payment Provider

Solved
OriginalStore
Excursionist
24 1 0

I am using Paypal as a payment provider for my store, I know that for each transaction I will be charged 2% of the total, but I noticed that I was charged more then 2% with the first order in my store. The customer paid 62.53$ so the charging amount shall be 1.25$ but what was charged is 3.36$. please clarify this issue.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
drakedev
Shopify Partner
618 132 181

This is an accepted solution.

As far as I know yes, that's the PayPal standard rate, but it is better if you check the rates in your country.

Anyway I've never see lower rates than that, only for high volume shops where you have some margins of negotiations with PayPal directly.

If my answer was helpful click Like to say thanks
If the problem is solved remember to click Accept Solution
Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development: You can hire me for simple and/or complex tasks.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)
drakedev
Shopify Partner
618 132 181

Which is your Shopify Plan and where your store is located?

Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development: You can hire me for simple and/or complex tasks.
OriginalStore
Excursionist
24 1 0

Basic plan. 

Located in Saudi Arabia.

drakedev
Shopify Partner
618 132 181

I am not sure 100%, but shouldn't be 2% fees from Shopify and 2.9% + 0.30c from PayPal

(62.53/100*2.9+0.30)+(62.53/100*2) = 3.36397$

OriginalStore
Excursionist
24 1 0

does PayPal really take 2.9+0.30 ? and is it fixed for all orders or depending on some thinges?

drakedev
Shopify Partner
618 132 181

This is an accepted solution.

As far as I know yes, that's the PayPal standard rate, but it is better if you check the rates in your country.

Anyway I've never see lower rates than that, only for high volume shops where you have some margins of negotiations with PayPal directly.

OriginalStore
Excursionist
24 1 0

Your effort is highly appreciated.

drakedev
Shopify Partner
618 132 181

You are welcome