There was an error adding this card error on Testing Payments

cddyson
Visitor
1 0 0

I have my shop in Test mode. Using Shopify Payments. I have tried all the test credit cards numbers provided. How can I resolve this problem?

Site: remakedesigns.com

Replies 8 (8)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hi, @cddyson. Welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out about this. Running a test on your checkout is a really proactive step to take so that you can eliminate any unexpected issues  your customers may encounter when trying to make a purchase. Let's look into it!

The first step is to double check the parameters you’ve mentioned above to ensure everything is enabled correctly, and that nothing small is being missed:

• Please confirm that Shopify Payments is in test mode by going to ‘Settings > Payments’. You should see a yellow banner notifying you of it, which looks like this:

21-02-36ged-1v54s

• If the yellow banner is not there, please proceed to enabling test mode as seen in the screenshot below. Click on ‘Manage’ and scroll down to the Test mode section. Check the Enable test mode box. Click SAVE.

21-02-a3mml-jkvy5

• Please confirm that you are using the test credit card details for Shopify Payments from this Help Doc.

Let me know once you've double checked your test mode setup, and I'll simulate a transaction from my end to continue investigating what’s happening. (Thanks for providing your domain name, by the way!). I'll watch for your reply. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

GateCheckCheryl
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Helen, 

I see that the OP didn't respond so I hope I can jump in with the same question. I can confirm that I am in test mode but get the same error with every card I try. It just says there is an error loading the credit card. I think I'm following the instructions carefully. 

I appreciate any help.

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hi, @GateCheckCheryl. Happy to help with this!

Just to clarify, your payment gateway is in test mode? If so, then you won’t be able to use personal credit card information to complete a test order. Instead, you have to use the specific credit card criteria provided in the Help Docs below:

Let me know if this helps! Or if I’ve misunderstood your issue, please explain further and we’ll get to the bottom of this.

GateCheckCheryl
Tourist
3 0 2
Hi Helen,

Thank you so much for your response. I was using the test cards (or trying to.) I tried the Visa, MC and Amex and got the same error every time.

I entered 2 words for the name, 3 digits for the CVV and a date in the future for the expiry.

I double checked that I was in test mode.

I'm out of ideas!
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Thanks for that confirmation, @GateCheckCheryl. I’m out of ideas too, and so the next step will be for us to take a direct look at this for you.

We’ll need to access your account in order to do so. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Let me know what you find out!

GateCheckCheryl
Tourist
3 0 2
Hi Helen,

Thanks for your help. The issue was that I was missing the step to deactivate Shopify Payments.

I figured it out by taking the screenshots for the support ticket.
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

That’s great to hear you figured it out, @GateCheckCheryl! Thanks for following up.  If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

nhcon
Shopify Partner
11 0 5

If you deactivate Shopify Payments, Shop Pay is inactive.  I'm trying to test Shop Pay.