Solved

This address couldn’t be verified

Roastery
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Shopify, 

We have recently changed addresses. I have tried to change my default shipping address but I get the error 'This address couldn’t be verified. You may be unable to buy shipping labels or set up certain delivery methods. Review the format or try re-entering your address.'

I would like to use the integrated DPD shipping so this is a problem. I'm generating the address from Google from our registered business address. 

Accepted Solution (1)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Roastery.

Thanks for the quick response and clarification.

In this case, I would suggest reaching out to our support to have a further look into the format of the address and making this change. Since I am unable to authenticate you over the Community forums for the store in question, I cannot look into the specifics. It would be best and more secure to login to your online store using our Contact Us page.

Once you successfully login, or select the option to Continue without logging in - you will be directed to the Help Center. Select the topic that you would like assistance with to locate the options to Get Support and speak with a Support Advisor about changing the address.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Roastery.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared with us as that is very helpful. When you type the address within Google, does it auto-correct or change the format of the address, by any chance? If it does display differently, did you try to enter in that format of the address?

You can attempt to verify the address by using address verifying tools such as Canada Post, UPS Address Validator or DHL Address locator.

Let me know if that does the trick, looking forward to your response.

Roastery
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Ollie, 

They match exactly:

Google address: Unit 33 Woodall Rd, Enfield EN3 4LQ

Shopify Address: Unit 33 Woodall Road

City: Enfield 

Postcode: EN3 4LQ

Those tools all link me North American sites and don't help. 

Thanks,

Kane

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Roastery.

Thanks for the quick response and clarification.

In this case, I would suggest reaching out to our support to have a further look into the format of the address and making this change. Since I am unable to authenticate you over the Community forums for the store in question, I cannot look into the specifics. It would be best and more secure to login to your online store using our Contact Us page.

Once you successfully login, or select the option to Continue without logging in - you will be directed to the Help Center. Select the topic that you would like assistance with to locate the options to Get Support and speak with a Support Advisor about changing the address.

Let me know if you have any questions.