This transaction couldn't be completed. Please redirect your customer to PayPal.

sethf
Tourist
11 0 4

Hi,

Just wondering if this is something to do with something on my end or if its the customers card/account?

Replies 3 (3)
Nia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
301 29 42

Hi, @!

I want to gather further context here so I can provide you with a possible solution. Is the customer trying to check out using PayPal?

Who is receiving this error message - the customer or yourself? If possible, are you able to send through a screenshot of the error message please!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

KatKat1
Tourist
5 0 0

I am getting this error message today. The customer is trying to pay with papal and i saw this error on the admin side when looking at abandoned cart. What could it be? 

KatKat1_0-1638416623697.png

Nia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
301 29 42

Hi, @!

Last week we had ongoing issues with the Paypal Express Gateway so the gateway was temporarily disabled to fix the issue. However, this has since been resolved and enabled so your customers should no longer be receiving this error message when using the Paypal Express Checkout.

If you find that the issue is still persisting today on your store, please let me know so I can look into this further for you!

I also want to provide resources to help you out further with your store beyond this. How are your marketing strategies going for the Holiday Season?

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog