TRACKING number is not hyperlinked in shipping confirmation email

ym24
Excursionist
50 0 11

Hi,

We are adding the link and the number for each customer but customers are only receiving the number but cannot click on it. A few months ago, they were able to click on the number so thar they are directed to the tracking website.

Can anyone please help?

Replies 5 (5)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @ym24,

Thank you for getting in touch. Can you tell me which courier you are using when you are fulfilling your orders?

I just checked this using my test store, and the tracking number should be clickable when displayed in the shipping confirmation email. In my test store, I fulfilled an order with a valid UPS tracking number and send the shipment confirmation to the customer's email address. When I received the email I was then able to click on the tracking number and was taken to the UPS tracking site to view the shipment details:

20-56-93195-83647

Can you also tell me if you've made any changes to the shipping notification template in the Notifications section of the Shopify admin?

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ym24
Excursionist
50 0 11

Hi Victor,

I dont remember changing anything in the shipping confirmation notification but when I go to the preview for it, the link is clickable but not when we send them out.

I am using "OTHER" for the courier as we use a local courier. They are marking my orders as fulfilled in one transaction via one API  call which is provided by Shopify itself.

Please find below API detail that we are using for our single transaction.

https://63b2629c346751a4f59ff90a9c37f70a: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@oatful.myshopify.com...

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 4.46.54 PM.png

I am very upset because it used to work, so not sure what happened.

Thanks so much

Yara

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @ym24,

Right, I see. When the "Other" choice is selected, is a tracking URL provided? The link should be clickable if a valid URL is added here:

21-30-66881-104

Without this URL there will not be a link for the customer to click on. The API link looks like it is providing a URL, but this isn't something I'd be able to confirm myself.

ym24
Excursionist
50 0 11

Yes, there is a URL so not sure whats happening.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @ym24,

Okay, thank you. You are welcome to contact our support team directly so that they can authenticate you on the store and take a closer look at this for you, and they may be able to diagnose and resolve the issue for you. However, if the problem lies with the API integration, the assistance we can offer may be limited as we do not directly support API-related issues. If we are unable to assist further, I would recommend looking into hiring a Shopify Expert that specializes in app and integration development for Shopify stores.