Solved

Why is PayPal currency error occurring on my Shopify checkout?

soulabaroudi
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello,

I am trying to set up PayPal on my e-commerce platform on Shopify. I can see Paypal as an option on the check-out page but when I try to pay (as a user) it keeps giving me this message about the currency although I have linked my bank account in $. any advice please what should I do?

soulabaroudi_0-1615922262697.png

Accepted Solution (1)
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @soulabaroudi!

Thank you for getting back to me with that information.

One thing I still need to know however is the Store Currency currently applied to your store, as I believe that could be the root of the issue. Regardless of having a currency converter, your shop will have a main selling currency, and this is the one found in your Settings> General at the bottom of the page. My thought is that the error may be occurring because that currency is not supported by PayPal and possibly Telr as well.

For your reference, here is a list of countries and currencies supported by PayPal, and here is a link to the Telr website with some information on their supported countries. You may need to reach out to them directly however to get a full list of supported currencies and countries. 

What country is your shop based in? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @soulabaroudi!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community, and thank you for posting your question here! 

I see that you're experiencing an issue in the payment step while testing the checkout. I'm happy to help get to the bottom of this with you. Could you please answer the following questions for some more context: 

• What is the store currency for your shop? This is found in your admin in Settings> General at the bottom of the page
  • Are you trying to sell in multiple currencies on your shop?
  • Do you have any other payment gateways enabled other than PayPal? This can be found in your admin in the Settings> Payments section
  • Have you had a customer complete, or have you completed a successful checkout previously? 

Please reply back here and let me know the above. I'll be happy to further assist once I have some more information on the issue at hand. 

soulabaroudi
Tourist
7 0 1
hi Ash,

here are the answers to your questions:

What is the store currency for your shop? This is found in your admin in
Settings> General at the bottom of the page Are you trying to sell in
multiple currencies on your shop? *Answer: Yes, the store shows all
currencies. I have installed a currency converter. *

Do you have any other payment gateways enabled other than PayPal? *Answer:
No. For now, I am trying to connect PayPal and Telr. but none of them is
working so far.*

This can be found in your admin in the Settings> Payments section Have
you had a customer complete, or have you completed a successful checkout
previously? * Answer: Not yet, since the payment gateway is not working
so far so we cant even process 1 transaction. you can check the store
www.orange8shop.com and try for yourself. let
me know your thoughts and how can i solve this problem. *
* thank you. *

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @soulabaroudi!

Thank you for getting back to me with that information.

One thing I still need to know however is the Store Currency currently applied to your store, as I believe that could be the root of the issue. Regardless of having a currency converter, your shop will have a main selling currency, and this is the one found in your Settings> General at the bottom of the page. My thought is that the error may be occurring because that currency is not supported by PayPal and possibly Telr as well.

For your reference, here is a list of countries and currencies supported by PayPal, and here is a link to the Telr website with some information on their supported countries. You may need to reach out to them directly however to get a full list of supported currencies and countries. 

What country is your shop based in?