trouble with processing order

richlafferty
1 0 0

hello, when i try and process order it asks for tracking number once i click on order #...? do i create this..i thought shipping provider supplies this (usps)

no place to print order shipping label....confused as to why does this...im sure its in my back office set up..please help...first day and have 10 orders to process ..thanks, rich@richlaffertyracing.com   rlr336.com

Reply 1 (1)
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1444 139 326

Hi @richlafferty,

When you manually fulfill an order, you will have the option to include a tracking number with the fulfillment. Adding this will allow you to keep a record of the tracking number for this order in case you wish to check it in future, and it can also be sent to the customer if you decide to send them a shipping confirmation email. Not all orders have to include a tracking number, as in some cases your customer may have chosen a shipping method that does not include tracking, but it's generally best to provide your customers with a tracking number if they have paid for tracked shipping and are expecting one.

It is also possible to buy shipping labels directly via the Shopify admin, meaning you can then print your labels at home and affix them to your packages before you take them to the post office. If you're in the United States, you can buy labels for USPS, UPS, and DHL. If you buy a shipping label directly from Shopify, any associated tracking numbers will be documented in the order.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you've any further questions about this.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog