Turned of Local Pickup but checkbox still showing up in cart

AFee
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello! We currently do not wish to offer local pickup or local delivery and, as such, have those options turned off in our settings under Shipping and Delivery.  However, I'm in the process of running a few testing transactions through our website and see that the option for "Pick up in store" is present on the checkout page as a checkbox (though, no location is identified in that field).

Is there a way to remove this line completely from the checkout page or does it remain present on the checkout page even if you do not offer local pickup?

I feel like it's going to be confusing to the consumer to see a local pickup option on the check-out page when we don't in fact offer local pickup.

Any direction/guidance/clarification is most appreciated!

Replies 8 (8)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hey there, @AFee. Thanks for coming to the Shopify Community with your question! I hope you're doing well today. I'm more than happy to lend a hand here to figure out what's going on with your pickup settings and checkout. 

Typically, local pickup should not be shown in your checkout, unless you have a location currently set up to offer local pickup. You mentioned that you've checked the settings to ensure pickup was turned off, so I'm just going to ask that we check one more time here using the steps below: 

• Login to your store Admin
  • Navigate to Shipping and Delivery
  • Navigate to 'Local Pickups' and select 'manage' and ensure that all of your locations have the option for local pickup turned off. 
  • Complete your testing again, and let me know if you still see the issue

I would also greatly appreciate a link to your store so I can test this functionality myself, and get a better feel for where exactly this messaging is appearing in your checkout. I see that you attached a file to this post, but I'm unable to open xls formatted files. So, if that was a screenshot, it would be super helpful if you could attach it to your reply directly.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your reply so we can look into some next steps for you. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

wildwaterdogs
5 0 0

I have the same issue.  I haven't made Local delivery and Local pickup options but it still shows up in my checkout.  How can I fix this?

https://shop.magpiebrewing.com

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 11.03.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 11.06.59 PM.png

AFee
Tourist
4 0 1

Going from my memory, the solution was in the Theme Language.  

Try Online Store > Themes

Click the "..." button next to the "Customize" button and scroll to Edit Default Theme Content

When that opens, at the top where it says Filter Items (a search bar) type in "Local" (Or local delivery)

The Checkout Shipping text fields should come up.  I had those filled out when I shouldn't have, so once I removed the text in those boxes, it fixed the problem for me.

Hope that helps!

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hey there, @wildwaterdogs! Thanks for jumping in here with your suggestion, @AFee. I did some digging into this and believe that there is a more direct way for this 'store pickup' button to be removed from the cart page.

Looking at the cart page, that button is likely a part of your theme, and is not related to your shipping settings. With your shipping settings set as they are, the local pickup/delivery options won't appear in checkout. This button is likely an independent part of your theme showing on the cart page as a 'feature' - though it's acting as the opposite of that for you here. 

You should be able to get rid of the button via your Theme Editor, navigating to the cart page customizer, and then turning it off from there. Here are the steps to do that:

• Login to your Admin
  • Click 'Online Store' and then 'Themes' on the left hand side.
  • Select the green 'customize' button for your live theme
  • Once in the editor, select the dropdown menu that appears at the middle/top of the screen and select 'Cart'

17-33-8837-85038.png

• Find the option to hide the button on the left hand menu that appears

If you find that you're unable to find the option to turn off the button, please follow up with me here and let me know what theme you are using so we can point you in the direction of getting in touch with the developers of your theme so they can help you. 

I spent some time checking out your store and it looks like things are coming along very well! I was interested in learning more about the story of your business and the connection magpie has with brewing but I couldn't see any of this info. It may be a good idea for you to look into adding an 'About Us' page to your shop. This will help customers build trust with your brand, and will lead to increased conversions!

wildwaterdogs
5 0 0

Thanks for your help!  I was able to find the theme customization page but still unable to remove the store pick up option. Can you help me resolve this with the developer?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 12.02.14 PM.png

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hey again, @wildwaterdogs! Thanks for following up with me!

So you almost made it to where I wanted you to go there. You've clicked into the 'Theme Settings' and you've currently looking at the settings for your Cart Page. You won't actually be able to edit something via that menu, but if you click the icon I show you in the below screenshot, that will take you to the menu you should be able to remove the options from.

02-02-7641-8958.png

Give that button a try, and see if you can remove that pick-up wording. If you find that you're still not able to remove it, you'll want to reach out to our Live Support Team for assistance with next steps. If this is a third party theme, they can get conected with the Theme developers and see if they can get that wording removed or shut off for you.

wildwaterdogs
5 0 0

Hi Sorry for the delayed response.  I went to the area you mentioned and when I clicked, there is no Cart option at all.  What should my next step be?Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 12.02.51 PM.png

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hey again, @wildwaterdogs. Long time no chat! No worries on the late response. It's good to hear from you again.

There may be some confusion regarding where I asked you to go. When you first open your theme editor, you should see a dropdown menu available at the top. Click on it, and then select the 'Cart' option that appears.

Imogen_0-1680201989853.png

Once you've found that cart option, the page will load with the template for your cart page. On the left hand menu that appears, an option to hide the information regarding local pick-up should appear. Provide me with a screenshot so we can double-check that together!