UK royal mail click and drop help

Solved
VEGUMMIES
Tourist
14 0 2
Hey.

We are currently writing our postage labels by hand ! And this is sooo time-consuming last year we tried to set up click and drop but the system wouldn't pull orders automatically unfortunately.
We are using the basic package so would this work once upgraded for the calculated shipping rates ?

Had anyone had any experience in this

What we need it basically when someone orders they select the shipping and this is sent direct to click and drop where we can go on and print the labels in bulk not manually adding them.

I think the issue was something to do with the fact our customers will have multiple items in the cart and the shipping options have been manually created by me
I have seen there is a shipping extension app but I don't really see why this is a payable option but is that a possible solution? We have emailed royal mail but with everything going on right now a reply may be a good week away.
Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
MaverickCoffee
2 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hey

The orders are there so we simply select the orders and add the postage
i.e. first/2nd or tracked etc. It calculates the weight from Shopify but
isn't always correct so sometimes we amend it. You can select a whole load
and apply postage together though if they are going via the same shipping
class. It could be better but its the best way for us to do it. I know
there are some other apps which can sync Royal Mail better but its yet
another monthly fee so we make do just fine for now.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Replies 21 (21)
MaverickCoffee
2 1 2

We use Royal Mail Click and Drop and our account has synced up to our Shopify Store. For some reason, a few month ago the app was no longer available as an extension however, it is still synced up and we simply log-in to our account online: https://business.parcel.royalmail.com/ and it has our orders ready for us to apply the postage and print the labels. Not sure if that helps you or not?

VEGUMMIES
Tourist
14 0 2
Hey,
Thanks so much for the reply ! I feel it should be integrated better and easier !
How easy is it once logged in , do you select orders and have to put in any details or just select the delivery method for example first class or second.

We are looking for literally to just log in to click and drop and then select a batch of orders and it knows what shipping the customer has selected so it is literally one click print and buy postage

I can't remember what royal mail said to me last time and I have contacted them again but I think this didnt work at the time like this.

I wonder if the shipping extension apps sort this out
MaverickCoffee
2 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hey

The orders are there so we simply select the orders and add the postage
i.e. first/2nd or tracked etc. It calculates the weight from Shopify but
isn't always correct so sometimes we amend it. You can select a whole load
and apply postage together though if they are going via the same shipping
class. It could be better but its the best way for us to do it. I know
there are some other apps which can sync Royal Mail better but its yet
another monthly fee so we make do just fine for now.

Good luck!
VEGUMMIES
Tourist
14 0 2
Hey .

Thanks so much for the insight , we will have to play around with it for sure ! Take care and best of luck for the future
KatieO
5 0 0

hey,

I'm having troubles with the weights pulling through from shopify into my C&D dashboard - do you know how I fix this please?

David_Renwick
Excursionist
19 0 7

Hi all - following up from this thread, can anyone let me know if the tracking number from the Click and Drop label is put back into the Shopify order once the label is printed?

Thanks in advance

dave

VEGUMMIES
Tourist
14 0 2

Hey.

I believe if you set it up on click and drop as mark as dispatched once you manifest the orders it will then send the relevant information like tracking to Shopify and fufill the orders .

We don't do this as we find it very confusing to have orders not fufilled untill manifest.

I believe that Is how it works so hopefully it helps you out ☺️

David_Underwoo3
2 0 0

Hey Katie. Did you ever get this sorted? We're having the same problem. 

KatieO
5 0 0

Hi David, 

Yes and no... I ended up exporting the products from Shopify, reformatting the spreadsheet and then importing the products into Click & Drop - rather than relying on the weights to automatically pull through. The weights are now much more accurate and a lot less time spent amending weights when dispatching, but the odd one or two does go off-wack now and again!

Hope this helps, somewhat.

Katie

David_Renwick
Excursionist
19 0 7
Hi Katie
That is helpful to know. I’ll keep an eye out for problems with the weights.

I don’t suppose if you know (or anyone for that matter) if Click and Drop provides a mechanism to be able to quickly see which ‘tracked’ items have been delivered OR if there is a API to do the same?

Thanks

dave

Mo777
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello,

Looking for some assistance in this area.  Ive integrated Click & Drop into Shopify, but do I still need to add shipping details in Shopify? Just unclear how the process works.  Am I setting up the weight of my product, in the product section and then in the shipping section, do I set up the dimensions and weight of the boxes?  How does this work with the customer when they select 1 item and then if they select several? Does Shopify somehow figure out which box would be most suitable? Sorry for all these questions and Im sure I will have more.  Ive tried looking for YT videos, but there are only a couple concerning UK and Click & Drop, then thos dont address the Shopify set up.

Id be most appreciative for any  guidance.

Regards,

Monique

VEGUMMIES
Tourist
14 0 2

Hey!

Probably no help as we don't use these shipping/parcel setting in Shopify but I'll run down what we do incase it helps:

We don't actually use the Shopify setting to be honest but that suits our business. Each product we have has a weight and we have the shipping settings set up with weight ranges so it charges the customer the right price for the weight of the cart 

I also don't know if you can have multiple packaging dimensions and weights for shipping in Shopify ? 

And when we fufill on click and drop we weigh each parcel and enter that into click and drop and select the small parcel on crl48 as most our parcels go in that format. Obviously we change this for bigger parcels or letterboxes 

ameasor
5 0 0

Did you guys ever get this sorted?

I have just found the integration, but outside of the royal mail steps there isnt any detail i can find.

Does this work on the basic account?
I have added orders that are unfulfilled so these should go across to click and drop, but no joy! The products also are not pushing across.

Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve?

VEGUMMIES
Tourist
14 0 2

Hey.

I'm trying to understand your message just so I'm correct.

Your orders are not entering royal mail's system at all?

The products for us don't need to be on click and drop but when I first started I imported a excel spreadsheet of them and the weights . Over time I believe the system learns some of this.

ameasor
5 0 0

yeah thats correct, none of the orders are pushing across. do you know if you can run the integration on any version of shopify?

ameasor
5 0 0

I have figured out half the issue.

When I manually create an order it all pushes across to the RM system. But if i generate an order as though i am a customer and the postage is automatically applied the order does not send across to RM.

Just cant work out why this would be.

VEGUMMIES
Tourist
14 0 2

hey.

There's a few alarm bells there for sure it should all work and on any plan we have the basic package for shopify. Once you link Shopify to royal mail click and drop it should pull all the orders across for you to edit, print and apply postage too.

in integration is Shopify all linked and green ? 

Sorry I'm not royal mail support but I'll try help as best as I can.

I feel the issue is may be  with the order status on Shopify? If everything else works.

I have noticed a few times a few orders of ours will not enter royal mail and this I believe is down to the status of the order I believe the order must be PAID, Unfulfilled.

If the order is for some reason archived or maybe not paid yet this may cause an issue that's just a idea and worth confirming with Shopify.

What are your customer's orders showing as ? 

Mo777
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello! Sorry you are having these issues.  I called Royal Mail, Click & Drop and they advised that I may be having issues because my store wasnt live yet.  As yours would appear to be live, maybe it will be worth it to give them a ring.  Please post how things turn out, s Im a bit nervous about the shipping aspect when I go live.

ameasor
5 0 0

I got to the bottom of it in the end. I was running my site on test payments so I could simulate the ordering process. When manually adding orders RM seem to accept this, but would not accept any orders via the test payment.

Once I turned off the test payments and put through the order using my debit card everything worked perfectly.