Unauthorized Discount Codes used at Check Out

FlintRockDC
1 0 0

I am having trouble with several discount code sites offering unauthorized discount codes that are being given access on my check out pages. Knoji, ScoopCoupons, GetsCoupon, and CouponUpTo. How do I get Shopify to secure that these codes will not be used at checkout? I cannot afford to allow for these steep discount codes or offering $100 off first order!!!!! I thought the ONLY codes that would be recognized would the ones I generate through GoAffpro for my affiliates or by entering them myself through Shopify. 

Please, can someone help me? 

Thank you

Reply 1 (1)
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
4181 302 886

When customers are given discount codes then they add those codes to a coupon aggregator site. This is not a shopify responsibility to police other platforms.

The only real solution is to make customer specific discounts tied to each customers account.

Or either take direct legal action against those websites.

I thought the ONLY codes that would be recognized would the ones I generate through GoAffpro for my affiliates

Are the codes being used infact created by the app?

Yes only codes that are created in your shopify store should be working, double check your discount history.

If codes are being created in the admin or through the api and used on your store without your consent then you need to contact shopify support directly

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions/#/contact/chat 

Save time seeking solutions - Learn To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org
Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com