Upcoming changes to third-party payment providers

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

Note

The contents of this post are only applicable to merchants who see a banner in their admin about the deprecation of one, or more of their payment providers. If you do not see a banner in your admin, then this post does not apply to you. 

Shopify has been working with third-party payment providers to ensure their services are updated to work with the new Shopify checkout. As of July 31st, payment providers who have not updated their integration will no longer be available on your online store.  

How does this update affect me and my customers?

Most third-party payment providers have been updating their integrations to be compatible with Shopify’s latest checkout. If you update to your alternate payment provider's latest integration before July 31st, there will be no impact to you and your customers. 

If you do not update to your alternate payment provider’s latest integration by July 31st, your customers will no longer be able to pay using the payment methods offered by that payment provider.

If your payment provider has not been updated, then you will need to find a new provider. You can view a full list of payment providers by clicking on your country. 

What actions can I take?

• From your Shopify Admin, go to Settings > Payments.
  • In the Supported payment methods section, click Add payment methods.
  • You can search by payment methods or by provider.
  • Choose a provider from the list.
  • Click on “connect” to install the payment app to your store.
  • Once your account has been created by the provider, click on Activate.
  • Once you have activated the new app, find your payment provider’s old integration and follow these steps to deactivate the old payment method.

Contact your payments provider if you have any questions on how to get set up.

Shopify Payments and Shop Pay may also be available in your region. Click here to find out how to set it up.

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Replies 0 (0)