Hi, I'm merchant in Korea.
In Korea, people usually don't use the zip code.
I was trying to delete the zip code in checkout but I coudn't because it's mandatory in shopify checkout page.
So I changed the text.
"Zip code" -> "Loterry numbers (5 digits)"
-> So, my clients(users) could make the payments with put 5 digits of loterry numbers instead of zip code.
-> I did this and this was working fine for 3-4 months even people put 00000 / 77777 / 12345 in lottery number (zip code) section.
But the issue started from this thursday. (22.03.31)
I just found that user cound't make the payment because of zip code.
-> When user put numbers, it showed the alert text:
showing "put valid zip code" in Lottery number(zip number) section.
[Efforts to solve this problem]
- My dev didn't change anything on checkout page. (and it's impossible to change)
- I asked it to shopify support team, And they don't know exacly if there was this update.
- The shopify supporter told me that he made escalation about this and He found same issue for other merchants.
This website made very good revenue.
20,000 ~ 30,000$ revenue per month and got 1/5 because of this small setting.
1. Anyone knows how to fix this? I can pay.
2. When do you expect that shopify dev team will fix this?
3. In shopify Plus, can we delete the zip code?
Thanks a lot. I need urgent help.
You can contact Shopify live chat support just in case they can customize the solution to this problem: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/chat
On our Shopify Expert Marketplace, you can find many trusted third party developers and fr...By Arno Nov 27, 2023
You've downloaded the Search & Discovery app from the Shopify App store, and as you're ...By Skye Nov 8, 2023