Can I use an EIN instead of an SSN for Shopify payments registration?

mariooshup
Visitor
1 0 1

Dear Sir/Madam

Can I use my EIN for my company instant of SSN to register for shopify payment? . because I am not US resident but I have US LLC company.

Replies 2 (2)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @mariooshup.

Thanks for bringing your question to the Community forums. I understand that you are hoping to use Shopify Payments. Let's take a look into this together.

Before we begin, may I ask where you are located? In order to use Shopify Payments US, a business needs to have physical operations on US soil. For this to be true, it may not require you to actually live in the US. For example, do you have US offices, US retail locations, rented or owned warehouse space in the US? Would you be able to provide proof of this physical presence if the review team requested it? If so, please let me know and I can walk you through the next best steps. 

Otherwise, I am more than happy to share the list of gateways available to you, based on location. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you so that we can continue to work on this together.

Warmly, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @mariooshup.

Just checking in with you to ensure that you get the help you need. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach back out!

Warmly,

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog