USPS Shipment Out for Delivery or Delivered Status Notifications/Email Not Always Sending

ayellowgiraffe
Excursionist
32 0 60

Hello,

I have noticed that not all of my customers receive the automatic Shipment status email notification option.. Sometimes, even when the status in their Shopify account shows "Delivered." This is happening for some of my USPS shipments. Since Shopify doesn't have an option to simply send a quick template-generated email, I end up having to manually write an email each time after I verify the status on www.usps.com, which is very inefficient! Is Shopify aware of this issue? Is there a fix? Will Shopify create an option for owners to create & save their own email templates? Is there another option? Please help!!

Reply 1 (1)

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi,

Hopefully you've already solved this and you're all set! 

I'm not sure why this is happening only for some of your orders. Ideally, if you are in the US, the tracking notifications along with the "Shipment delivered" notification have to be sent out when you fulfil orders that have tracking information from USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. Have you tried contacting Shopify support regarding the issue? Unfortunately, there is no option to create & save your own email templates as of now in Shopify. One of the workaround for this problem is to use a tracking app. There are a lot of apps available to automate the process and you can check out the apps here.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping