How can vendors receive direct payments from customers after sales?

Tailgatetrader
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi 

I'm looking for a way that when vendors place auctions on our site or items for sale, once a sale is complete the payment is made by smcustomer direct to vender so we don't hold any money so to say.

Thanks for reading

Alex

Reply 1 (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @Tailgatetrader,

Thanks for getting in touch and for asking your question. Shopify is not a platform designed for multiple vendors to use a single site to sell their products and receive payments individually, so you may experience difficulty in setting up a store in this way. Payouts are typically sent to a single bank account from payment processors and will not be automatically divided and sent to individual vendors depending on what has been sold. You may also find difficulty competing with established auction sites such as eBay if you attempt this business model.

I will say is that there is an app called Multi Vendor Marketplace which may be of some use to you; this app will allow you to specify products for different vendors, manage commissions, and offers a number of features that could help make a store like the one you are proposing work. I would recommend trying it out and deciding on whether you could operate a successful business with the app and the Shopify platform as a whole.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you have more questions about this.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog