Verify ID Issues

Solved
thepouringshed
1 0 0

Hi guys,

We are new to Shopify and I’ll be honest, it’s been great apart from one thing - verifying ID. I’ve done this 4 times with a driving license and passport (clear and not cropped) but it keeps getting rejected.

How on earth are you supposed to get this sorted when they don’t give any guidance on what is needed?! I don’t know what else to try!! I’ve got money sat in there but cannot access it.

Do some of you use PayPal only or other payment methods?? The whole thing is putting me off Shopify.

Hope you can help.

Lee

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Ollie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
920 94 155

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @thepouringshed.

Thanks for reaching out.

That is a bit odd that you are unable to submit the identification through the banner that is displayed on the home page of the admin. There may be an issue with image or some information is not matching the document within the store.

In any case, we should be able to assist you further with getting your identity submitted successfully. Since we cannot authenticate you over our public community forums, we will need you to login to our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner and speak with a Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
920 94 155

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @thepouringshed.

Thanks for reaching out.

That is a bit odd that you are unable to submit the identification through the banner that is displayed on the home page of the admin. There may be an issue with image or some information is not matching the document within the store.

In any case, we should be able to assist you further with getting your identity submitted successfully. Since we cannot authenticate you over our public community forums, we will need you to login to our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner and speak with a Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog