warehouse locations (not multiple warehouses)

Solved
ClearChoiceAqua
Explorer
42 0 28

My inventory is getting larger and until now we know where things are but as things are growing we are finding it harder to find product during the picking process.  Is there a way to setup inventory locations within a store location?  

Like product X is located on shelf A bin 3?  this would help with cycle counts as well.  instead of a sheet of various product located everywhere we can go shelf by shelf.  

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 261

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ClearChoiceAqua 

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. That’s great to hear that your business is growing so much! But I completely understand how this is causing an issue for you.

You can implement a warehouse bin management system by using a third party app like Quick Pick Pick Lists. Through this app you can apply a bin location to your products at each warehouse they are located at. A pick list can then be generated for your orders that shows exactly where that item is located within the warehouse.

Quick Pick Pick Lists has a 14-day free trial, so I suggest installing it on your store to see if it will work how you need it to. If you uninstall it before the trial ends, you will not be charged for it. 

Please reach out to the developer directly if you have any questions about the set up or functionality of this app; We have a Help Doc here for guidance on how to do this. They will be your best resource for any assistance you may need with it.

All the best,

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)
FishMan
7 0 0

i desperately need the same thing.      we have our retail location setup with different sections and we have the same variants located in different sections. when we do cycle counts for a section, the count is showing incorrect because it is looking for the total number for that location.      

Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 261

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ClearChoiceAqua 

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. That’s great to hear that your business is growing so much! But I completely understand how this is causing an issue for you.

You can implement a warehouse bin management system by using a third party app like Quick Pick Pick Lists. Through this app you can apply a bin location to your products at each warehouse they are located at. A pick list can then be generated for your orders that shows exactly where that item is located within the warehouse.

Quick Pick Pick Lists has a 14-day free trial, so I suggest installing it on your store to see if it will work how you need it to. If you uninstall it before the trial ends, you will not be charged for it. 

Please reach out to the developer directly if you have any questions about the set up or functionality of this app; We have a Help Doc here for guidance on how to do this. They will be your best resource for any assistance you may need with it.

All the best,

ClearChoiceAqua
Explorer
42 0 28

Quick pick pick list is a good app but it's not 100%.  I've been using it for a while and my main problem is the app based pick list (not the printable one) does not sort by bin loc or display bin loc.  I contacted them and they say an update is coming to address that.  

I don't think it would work for retail since you'll need 2 locs.  I haven't used it for cycle count yet since we've been short staffed but should be back to normal soon (hopefully?)

HouseofHaute
Tourist
4 0 3

Why hasn't Shopify integrated a bin management system? It's obvious many people need this option. The Quick Pick app is however helpful, but there are so many steps involved and the bin locations DO NOT show up on the product profiles. It really increases the workload when adding new inventory. It would be great if we were able to have a bin location visible on the product page while we are creating the profile. Very disappointing that Shopify won't make such an easy and minor addition. 

Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 261

Thanks for your feedback, @HouseofHaute. I’ve passed along a feature request to our developers on your behalf in regards to having a built-in bin management system. We are continually working towards improving the Shopify platform for our merchants and their customers, so all suggestions are taken into consideration. Although I don’t have a timeline on if or when this feature would be implemented (as you can imagine, we get a lot of them!), I recommend regularly checking the Shopify Changelog, where you can keep an eye on all recent updates to the platform.

I also suggest leaving a review for the Quick Pick Pick Lists app and notifying them of your experience with it’s functionality, so that they know how to improve their offering. You can do so from your admin by going toApps > About > More actions > Write review’, as seen below:

20-10-kivl2-gamaf

Do you pick a lot of orders in a day? I looked through the App Store again, and found a new one for warehouse management called Picqer. It is geared towards stores that do 50-5000 orders per day but it also has a location management tool built-it. It may be worth looking into and contacting the Picqer developers directly to chat about, if your daily order size is on the higher end. 

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know!

denverbookcase
1 0 0

I notice that this issue was reported last year (not having the ability to keep track of warehouse locations). Has this issue been resolved through Shopify?  I noticed that people complained about Quick Pick Pick Lists app because it doesn't sort orders by location and go in a specific order.  I would like a system that allows employees to easy pick sold items in a specific order (sorted by aisle, then by shelf, then by bin).  This is how another 3rd party app that I use works for Amazon but does not integrate with Shopify.

For example (pick list):

Sale 1 - Aisle 1, Shelf 2, Bin 3

Sale 2 - Aisle 1, Shelf 3, Bin 1

Sale 3 - Aisle 2, Shelf 1, Bin 3

Sale 4 - Aisle 2, Shelf 4, Bin 4

Sale 5 - Aisle 3, Shelf 5, Bin 1 ....

Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 261

This isn’t an upgrade that has been implemented on Shopify at this time, but I have submitted another feature request on your behalf, @denverbookcaseAll upgrades to the platform are found in the Shopify Changelog. Therefore, I recommend checking here regularly to keep up to date on all recent changes.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread!

HouseofHaute
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello! It’s been awhile since I left my previous comment. The 3rd party apps remained frustrating for me so I decided to merge the information attached to the SKU and Barcode data into one number using the barcode field on the dashboard. This allowed the SKU field to be empty. I then used this space to put the location information. If you create a proper format for the locations, you should be able to pull up your orders and sort by the SKU. It should then show the proper order of picking. Still can’t understand why Shopify refuses to make this an option. It’s pretty irritating especially when we had to go through and add the data for each item. We survived and it’s worked great for us so far. Also you’ll probably want to remove the string of code that allows the SKU to appear on the website and packing slip. It’s not a big deal though if you make it not so obvious to the customer (ie: A2S3B1 = Aisle 2, Shelf 3, Bin 1). Good luck, I hope this is a bit more helpful. 

Anto_S
Shopify Partner
146 4 18

We recently released a solution for this on Sheet Master https://apps.shopify.com/sheet-master (currently free). Merchants can set up custom warehouse bin locations, and generate pick lists in custom formats. Screenshot  & video demo below, happy to hear feedback and custom requests.

Picklist Screenshot.png

Demo video on how to setup your warehouse bin locations here:

Automating Commerce at Comstack.co
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 261

Thanks for sharing, @Anto_S!

Charlie506
Shopify Partner
57 2 2

Hi @ClearChoiceAqua 

I wanted to let you know about EasyScan.

We have a new option that lets our users set Bin Locations for their products. You can also view the Bin Location from the product page as well.

Plus on EasyScan you can fulfill your orders, create orders, update and check your inventory all using a barcode scanner!

Please get in touch if you would like any more assistance here.

Thanks,

Charlie

If my comments are helpful, please Like my post and Accept Solution.
Product Manager at 506.io
kingstore
Shopify Partner
147 4 21

Here's a new answer to an old question since this problem has been around for a while on this community forum. The answer is a visual warehouse layout for your Shopify store inventory. With it, you can recreate the exact shelf/bin layout as your existing warehouse, print labels for those bins, and scan your Shopify inventory to those bins. 

With inventory stored in bin locations, this solution will batch your orders and enable you to pick visually. There are a lot of things Shopify doesn't support for growing merchants on the inventory and operations side so SKUSavvy enables this for you. 

You'll be able to:

• Create a visual warehouse layout
  • Connect & sync Shopify locations, products, inventory, orders, customers
  • Handle backorders
  • Create purchases and send them to vendors with a PO approval portal
  • Check-in and allocate inventory visually to bins
  • Batch orders up then pick orders on the warehouse layout
  • Automate fulfillment with box size suggestions
  • Connect with carriers and get instant shipping rates
  • Purchase and print labels
  • Generate & scan barcodes for bins, products, batches, labels etc. 
  • Run on any device

You can get 50 orders for free each month then just $0.19-$0.04 per order. 

Visual order picking - find every product fasterVisual order picking - find every product fasterFulfillment module to confirm items, get rates, purchase, and print labelsFulfillment module to confirm items, get rates, purchase, and print labelsDigital pick lists and backorderDigital pick lists and backorderscan any item.png

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call