What are the live shipping options for integrating my Gelato store into Shopify?

SafariMemories
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm looking for the most cost-effective live shipping options for integrating my Gelato store into Shopify.  I was advised that I could add this feature for an added monthly fee, without having to upgrade to an Advanced or Plus Plan.  If so where and how can I do that?  Also, which shippers are included, and does it require an additional fee for each shipper?

Replies 3 (3)

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
392 25 67

If you are on the Basic plan, you cannot get it added to your store. If you are on the Shopify plan, you can get it added by -
1. Paying a monthly fee of $20
2. Switching to annual payment

After you get this done, you will most likely have to pay for an app (around $20 per month). There are apps for almost all shippers on the app store, so that shouldn't be an issue. In all you would have to shell out $40 a month for this.

Btw, I do believe that some live carrier rates are provided by Shopify by default without CCS. Feel free to check them out before going for this approach.

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix
SafariMemories
Visitor
2 0 0
Thank you for the prompt reply. I appreciate the suggestion to check to
see which shippers might provide live rates as a default mode.

I'm trying to decide if there is a major advantage to providing live
shipping quotes or not. At a minimum, it looks like an additional $85 to
$105 a month. Not sure of the ROI value for the feature.

I'm open to other community members sharing their thoughts.

Ron
Mirdas
Shopify Partner
435 44 73

Dear @SafariMemories ,

The importance of Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) depends largely on your business model. If your business can sustain a shipping strategy that offers free shipping or a fixed-rate shipping approach, CCS may not be a critical factor.

However, if your profit margins are slim, and you require precise shipping rate calculations during the checkout process, it would be advisable to implement Carrier Calculated Rates at checkout.

My suggestion is to start by determining your shipping company, calculating shipping costs based on your product's weight and potential customer locations. Afterward, make an informed decision about your shipping strategy—whether to opt for Carrier Calculated Rates, flat-rate shipping, or free shipping for your customers.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping