What happened to late afternoon (3-5P) UPS pickup option? IT'S NOT UPS.

JGrey
Tourist
5 0 8

Several UPS drivers have let me know that all sorts of other customers (not using Shopify) still have the option to schedule the 3-5P window for pickup, and they can do it without having to generate an expedited label. Not on Shopify. On Shopify, we now can only select morning shift pickup unless the package is expedited, and even then, the latest is the 1-3P window. This pushes my business one day longer on shipping, diminishing the guarantee I am responsible for providing to my customers.

Please fix this Shopify.

Replies 3 (3)

Eleda_Towle
Excursionist
11 0 6

YES!  I have complained multiple times to both Shopify and UPS about this.  Not only does it delay a pickup, we have to create the pickup through the UPS website because the Shopify site returns an error every time.  (Error is do to only having the 9am-noon pickup window in the drop-down and when it transmits to UPS, they error it because they aren't in our area until 5pm-8pm.]  Having to create pickups on the UPS site means we pay currently almost $8 per pickup instead of around $4-5 through Shopify. 

This has been broken since at least March, 2021, and Shopify keeps claiming UPS needs to fix it, but they can't seem to pressure them to do so.  Why should they?  They're getting MORE money for having it broken.  Meanwhile, as a paying Shopify customer, we're supposed to be entitled to discounted pickups, but no one is reimbursing us. 

JGrey
Tourist
5 0 8

I work in a large distribution center around the corner from LAX, mostly independent shipping companies. Only my neighbors with Shopify are unable to set the 3-5 UPS window. It's definitely on Shopify's end, and severely impacts our ability to fulfill all orders "same day", which is a guarantee most customers really like.

Eleda_Towle
Excursionist
11 0 6

We're in rural Maine, so we're at the end of their run.  Our driver often doesn't arrive until after 7pm.  I have just downloaded all of our UPS pickup invoices for 2021 through UPS.com, calculated the difference in cost to us from not being able to use the advertised Shopify discount, and sent it to Shopify support, requesting reimbursement. 

The difference in cost can add up quickly:  Shopify is showing a $4 p/u, while UPS is charging us $7.84 currently.  Ouch.  I encourage any store also affected to request reimbursement.  We pay Shopify for their service, and included in that is the contracted, discounted p/u rate.  That may be the only way to pressure them to get this fixed, since repeated complaints which were "escalated to the dev team" have not resulted in a fix over at least twelve months. 

(Edit to my previous comment - We've been paying UPS rates since at least early Jan 2021, so it may go back further than that.  Unfortunately, I didn't record when it began, because I assumed Shopify would fix it promptly as they do most issues.)