What if I refund a payment

Sally_Behler
2 0 0

Customer put in 2 orders. We have been unable to contact customer. Have tried through phone, email and text.  What do I need to do to give them a refund, but I don't take a loss? Thanks, 

Replies 2 (2)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
409 47 73

Hey @Sally_Behler.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared with us as that is helpful. Great idea attempting to reach out to the customer in various ways! Looking into the options available, since you have reached out to the customer and have not heard back, you have the option with continuing with the order or choosing to provide a refund. Depending on how you would like to handle the situation, my suggestion is to make sure our fraud analysis is not informing you that it is a potential fraudulent order.

I did want to provide you with our awesome fraud analysis indicators and fraud recommendations documents that go into more detail. You can also reach out to our support if you would like another pair of eyes on the order. If so, you will need to login to the store using our Contact Us page, this will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the orders in question with a Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, happy to help out.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Sally_Behler
2 0 0
Sorry a little confused. Let me put it this way. If I want to refund this
money...about 300. How much will Shopify keep as a fee? I know there have
already been credit cards fees attached and who knows what else? Thank you,
Sally