When do I get the payment from paypal express checkout

Solved
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
977 65 161

Hey, @cédric90!

Can I ask are you checking the right PayPal account for the money? When you first start a Shopify store, we create a placeholder PayPal account for you under the email account you used to sign up. Have you gone to Settings >Payment Providers and added PayPal, then added your own PayPal account rather than this placeholder one? If the PayPal account was changed after the sales were made, the funds may be in the placeholder account. You would just need to complete the set-up of that account to access the finds! Could you check the email account listed as the account owners and see if there are any emails from PayPal asking you to complete the account set-up?

If you have already set up your PayPal account and have completed set up with your PayPal business account, then the issue may be with payment authorization. When a customer pays for an order, their order will show up as normal in the Orders section. You then can decide if you want to fulfil the order, or if something about it does not look quite right to you (or if there are any fraud flags detected) you can decide not to accept the order. Unless you decide to capture the payment, the funds will stay in a pending state. If you don't accept within the authorization period, then the funds will be returned to the customer. You can set up automatic capture to make sure you don't miss the authorization period!

Let me know if you can see if the funds have been captured yet, or if the funds are in the placeholder PayPal account. Either way, we'll figure this out!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes