Solved

Where can I find a stripe in payment options?

ShayP
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm looking for some advice on activating Stripe as the Payment Provider on my Shopify store.
I've got a verified Stripe account so it's just the issue of getting Shopify to add Stripe as an option for Payment Providers.

So, I just wanted to find out what is the best way to go about adding a Payment Provider on your Shopify store in order to accept global payments (preferably using Stripe, but open to other suggestions as well).

Thank you, I really appreciate any advice.

PS: I'm a non-US resident with a registered LLC, US postal address, US bank account (through Payoneer) and EIN. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ShayP.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some further insight into this. You may not be seeing Stripe as a third-party payment provider because it is likely your country of business either does not list Stripe as an available option or Shopify Payments is available instead. Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe therefore if you are in a region that offers Shopify Payments as a gateway, Stripe will not be available. 

I would recommend reaching out to our live support through our Help Center to look into this further. In some cases, merchants may be able to activate Stripe over Shopify payments however, this is on a case-by-case basis and would need to be discussed with one of our support advisors. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. Since this is the next step for this situation, I will go ahead and mark this as an accepted solution for any other visitors who may stumble across this post. 

I hope this helps you out moving forward, please feel free to reach back out here with any questions you may have!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ShayP.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some further insight into this. You may not be seeing Stripe as a third-party payment provider because it is likely your country of business either does not list Stripe as an available option or Shopify Payments is available instead. Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe therefore if you are in a region that offers Shopify Payments as a gateway, Stripe will not be available. 

I would recommend reaching out to our live support through our Help Center to look into this further. In some cases, merchants may be able to activate Stripe over Shopify payments however, this is on a case-by-case basis and would need to be discussed with one of our support advisors. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. Since this is the next step for this situation, I will go ahead and mark this as an accepted solution for any other visitors who may stumble across this post. 

I hope this helps you out moving forward, please feel free to reach back out here with any questions you may have!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.