Why are customers not being charged for shipping?

kimonomomo
Visitor
1 0 0

We've had our shop open for a few months and until very recently, orders were charged shipping. Suddenly, this month, they weren't. Now customers are getting free shipping (even though I've turned that setting off) and showing NO shipping address for fulfillment. We have local pickup turned off as well, so no idea what's causing that. 

Any ideas? Is it because our Pro trial ran out? That doesn't seem right. 

Replies 3 (3)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @kimonomomo

Shopify would never make any changes to your shipping settings, so something else must have occurred for your customers to no longer be charged shipping.

It sounds like you haven't edited your shipping rates on your store, but it would help me to see screenshots of your settings to get a better understanding of the context.

I'm not sure what pro trial you're referring to, but it sounds like you might have been using a paid app of some kind. Could you clarify this for me so that I can better understand the situation and help you?

I look forward to hearing from you to get more context!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Vonda_Youngkin
Explorer
75 0 49

Have you gone back into your SHIPPING settings and re-checked everything, and hit SAVE.

On occasion, Shopify will offer some crazy shipping rate to my customers.. usually screwing me over.  I have "Offer new shipping methods when they become available" UNCHECKED.

So when I think about it, ever few months I will re-check and save.  Funny thing is, when you open to manage your shipping rates, everything may be unchecked.  Don't save that. Cancel that and re-open it and make sure it's checked the second time you open.  Then SAVE.  It must embarrassing for Shopify to charge us so much for so little functionality. 

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @Vonda_Youngkin

When it comes to your shipping rates within your store's settings, Shopify would not be able to change your rates.

If you are using third-party carrier-calculated shipping, then in the services section, select the shipping methods from that shipping service that you want to provide as options for your customers at checkout.

You do have the option, if you so wish, to choose whether to automatically offer any new services that the shipping service you are using makes available. Again, we cannot do this for you, nor can we affect or change any other rates you have in place.

Shopify does not offer shipping rates to your customers. Those shipping rates come from whatever third-party service you are using.

I hope this helps clear any confusion up for you!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.