Why can't you filter by Ready for pickup in fulfillment status?

Steve_Optix
Explorer
43 0 32

Why on earth does Shopify allow you to filter orders by every fulfillment status except 'Ready for pickup', which IS a fulfillment status in that column?!

It offers you - 

• Fulfilled
  • Unfulfilled
  • Partially fulfilled
  • Scheduled
  • On hold

But not - 'Ready for pickup'

This seems so strange, the only way around it is if I filter by 'Open Orders' + 'Payment paid' + 'Local Pickup' in the More filters box, however this doesn't let you filter/tell you if a Local Pickup is ready for collection or fulfilled.

I have to run this search, then select all the Ready for pick up orders and tag them en masse so that I can filter them out - in this case for the Xeon Unfulfilled Order Notifier App to send out an email with a collection reminder.

Replies 17 (17)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Steve_Optix.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us.

I can see how being able to set a filter for orders that are ready for pickup can be beneficial for our merchants, like yourself, and I'd be happy to share your feedback with our developers for future considerations. I understand that you've found a workaround to view pickup orders; however, it doesn't help show which orders have or haven't been collected, and I will also include this in our feedback to the development team. While this isn't something that I'll be able to provide an ETA, you can find the announcements when Shopify makes any changes or updates to the platform on our changelog and updates page. 

Does using the Local pick up (Delivery method) and Scheduled (Fulfillment status) filters help accomplish what you're looking to do?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

HaydenSimons12
Tourist
5 0 4

I'll second this request.  "ready for pickup" means there's nothing left for me to do but wait for pickup.

For me, I'd like to 'exclude' these from my filter.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @HaydenSimons12.

Thank you for joining the thread!

I understand that you'd like to exclude orders that are Ready for pickup using the filters and I'd be happy to put forth a feature request on your behalf. If Shopify moves forward with any changes or updates to the order filters, we'll be sure to announce them on our changelog and/or updates page. 

That being said, since there's nothing left to do with Ready for pickup orders, you can consider archiving the order. When an order is archived, it will be removed from the Open orders list. 

I'd love to know if archiving the orders can help with your order management. Keep me posted!

HaydenSimons12
Tourist
5 0 4

Thanks for the idea.  I'll see if I can incorporate that somehow.  But I hate archiving because it hasn't actually been picked up.  We tend to accumulate a lot of items in the shop that need to be picked up (fortunately, they've already been paid for).  Leaving them open makes it easy to send reminder texts and emails about pickup.

RichardEP
Tourist
3 0 3

We are in a similar position to both posters in this thread and have a need quickly filter out orders that are ready for pickup.

@Elias I wonder whether you don't understand how a business manages communication with customers who have orders available for pickup. Some customers takes weeks at times to pick up an order and as such we can't archive the order until it has left the warehouse.

Being able to filter out by all available order status would make a lot of sense. Now that you have lodged a request with the developers can you please tell us where it sits on the development roadmap? 

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @RichardEP.

Thanks so much for joining the thread and providing the additional context.

I understand that you also have a need to quickly filter out orders that are ready for pickup. Given everyone's feedback and use case scenarios from this thread, it definitely makes a lot of sense to be able to filter using all of the available order statuses (eg. Ready for pickup) and I would be more than happy to add you to this feature request. While I don't have any updates that I can share at the moment, rest assured that feature requests are designed to help our developers prioritize the development of new features for the upcoming platform updates. If you'd like to stay in the loop with Shopify's new features or platform updates, please keep an eye on our changelog and updates page.

That being said, I do have some experience with pickup orders in my previous job and we often dealt with a large volume of orders. We would keep the ready for pickup orders on a separate shelf, so that the orders can be easily picked up by our customer-facing staff or tracked/audited by our back-of-house inventory team. The reason I'm bringing this up is to see if this can help you or your team develop a system/process as a workaround to use for the time being. Do you have an external solution for managing pickup orders at the moment?

Ilonalun
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi,

Is there any news concerning this feature? It would be extremely helpful in our company.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @Ilonalun.

Thank you for joining the thread!

I'm afraid there aren't any updates for this feature at this time. Nevertheless, I'd be more than happy to add you to this feature request as this can help our developers prioritize the development of new features. With that being said, we'll be sure to announce any new releases or upcoming changes on the Shopify Changelog as well.

Did you get a chance to try a combination of filters, such as Local pick up (Delivery method) and Scheduled (Fulfillment status), to help narrow down the orders list? Or, do you have a different workaround that you're using at the moment?

Steve_Optix
Explorer
43 0 32

There is no workaround. This is a simple requirement, but no filters allow this.

RichardEP
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi @Elias 

Can you please provide us with an update on this feature request you submitted to the developers almost a year ago.

If there is no update can you please request the development team to provide a response as to why this is still not on the development roadmap.

thanks

Steve_Optix
Explorer
43 0 32

Please, please, will you expedite this toi the powers that be?

We really need this featuire. It's not a inconveniance or nuance of Shopify, it's a flaw. It is a fulfillment status, so why can't it be filtered on specifically, as you can with all the other statuses?

Steve_Optix
Explorer
43 0 32

If you agree that this makes a lot of sense and many want it then why haven't Shopify actioned anything?

RichardEP
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi @Elias 

We have created filters to remove our pickup orders from the orders waiting to be picked and shipped. What we didn't realise is that any partially fulfilled orders would also be filtered out. Luckily we were able to catch them after not too long, but the customers had a much delayed fulfilment time.

This issue would likely not have occurred if we were able to filter by a fulfilment status of "Ready to Pickup"

Can you please provide us with an update on where the feature request is sitting? It has been a year since you said you would add the request for development. It has also been two years since Steve requested this functionality what would aid more than just one user of the software.

PaperCloth
Tourist
4 0 9

Why on earth indeed..it's an actual Fulfillment status! I see that more than a year later and it's still not an option. The strange thing is that I do recall we used to be able to sort this way previously.  - Shopify please make this much needed option available again.

Lalalucyblue
Visitor
1 0 1

Why has this not been added? It is just a status like the rest of the fulfillment status. I'm guessing that it's another part of another paid service that Shopify offers.

Steve_Optix
Explorer
43 0 32

Come on Shopify, sort this out please!

How hard can it be? It's just a fulfillment status?!?!

jjr88
Visitor
1 0 1

Still waiting now November 2023. Over two years this should have been an easy implement!