Solved

Will shopify send email if I click mark as fulfilled/mark as paid button?

tylim
Tourist
6 2 2

Will shopify send email if I click mark as fulfilled/mark as paid button?

I have some old orders that I imported from wix, they are not mark as fullfiled/mark as paid

will shopify send email if I marked as fulfilled?

I really don't want to spam my customer

Accepted Solutions (2)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2195 201 587

This is an accepted solution.

The best way to test stuff like this is to do a test order with your address as the recipient so you can see the full flow.

I believe when you mark as paid then the order sends order confirmation email.

For marking fulfilled, you can choose whether or not to email the customer.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

View solution in original post

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @tylim!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

First I'd like to say welcome to the platform! I'm glad to hear that your migration is underway.

For your question, you can select to not have the customer receive a notification when you mark an order s fulfilled. I've taken a screenshot of my testing store so you can see where the checkbox option is.

23-18-88969-83961

As you complete your migration including products, I'd recommend taking a peek at the inventory guide we have in our Help Center. Shopify's robust inventory management system is very useful for you as you work on your business and manage your orders. It'll save quite a bit of time and maintain things in accurate order as things sell. You'll be able to also import inventory easily and move it around to different locations if you have more than one place you fulfill from.

Have you had the opportunity to work on your inventory management as well?

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2195 201 587

The best way to test stuff like this is to do a test order with your address as the recipient so you can see the full flow.

I believe when you mark as paid then the order sends order confirmation email.

For marking fulfilled, you can choose whether or not to email the customer.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @tylim!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

First I'd like to say welcome to the platform! I'm glad to hear that your migration is underway.

For your question, you can select to not have the customer receive a notification when you mark an order s fulfilled. I've taken a screenshot of my testing store so you can see where the checkbox option is.

23-18-88969-83961

As you complete your migration including products, I'd recommend taking a peek at the inventory guide we have in our Help Center. Shopify's robust inventory management system is very useful for you as you work on your business and manage your orders. It'll save quite a bit of time and maintain things in accurate order as things sell. You'll be able to also import inventory easily and move it around to different locations if you have more than one place you fulfill from.

Have you had the opportunity to work on your inventory management as well?

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

mtchiodo
Visitor
2 0 1

Is there any way to keep this check as the default?  Every day I have to re-click this option but once it's checked it remains selected when processing the next order.  I just want to make sure when someone else fulfills orders the customer gets notified.  One less thing I need to document..  Tks

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @mtchiodo! The good news is that you don't have to worry about that box staying checked. It'll always be checked to send notifications to customers when fulfilling orders. The only time you'll need to make sure you click that box is to not send the customer a notification.

Not sending a customer a confirmation of their order fulfillment is a rare thing in standard business practice so it will be simple to uncheck in the odd time that you need to avoid sending that.

Are there specific circumstances that you'd need to frequently uncheck the box during your workflow?