Your payment could not be processed at this time - credit card payment issue

Sirrah
Excursionist
57 0 6

Hi,

I'm receiving this message on my site while testing checkout with credit card:

"Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes"

I have waited and tried again, tried with a different credit card, and tried with a different device.  Paypal works fine.

Is this a shopify payments issue, or something else?  Has anyone else experienced it before?

Thanks.

Replies 27 (27)
VennyNewson
Tourist
3 0 3

I do experience the same problem. Any idea why and how to solve it?

goneinsane
2 0 0

I had this issue too and solved it. Turns out that "Test Mode" was enabled. You need to go to Settings>Payments and disable test mode.

melsonse3
3 0 0

Is this good idea to apply with Credit card? I want to integrate the Payoneer payment gateway with my store. Can anyone help me regarding this for my sewing store and blog .

kpsoles
1 0 0

Hi there 

I have checked my abandoned checkouts and I have missed out on 24 orders because of this. I still can’t seem to change anything about how to get customers to pay. I just tried one random one myself and the same happened to me. It said Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes.

I tried again and it still said the same. Customers are also complaining about this. I spoke to Shopify on the phone and they cannot identify a problem so what can I do?

TigerLilly1
Tourist
5 0 2

This has just happened to me.. Did you resolve the issue or did it just fix itself? TIA

Beyeezy
2 0 0

Hello ! I connected Stripe, and I can not accept payment, my clients write an error "Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes"
Stripe account is active and up and running. How to solve this problem? Thanks!

screen.png

Billionairek
1 0 0

I’m having this issue now and I don’t know what to do ! Can someone help me please 

Friyetgame
1 0 0

I'm receiving this message on my site while testing checkout with credit card: "Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes"

I have waited and tried again, tried with a different credit card, and tried with a different device. Paypal works fine.