Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes.

Lucinda_liu
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there, I'm testing(in test mode) my website and received "Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes." message. 

Lucinda_liu_1-1623141985754.png

Details: 

I'm the owner of the website. 

I'm in the testing mode. 

The purchase meet minimum order value, the delivery destination is covered in the shipping area. 

Anyone may have any idea what went wrong? 

Replies 4 (4)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi @Lucinda_liu,

June here from Shopify. Thanks so much for those details!

Are you still receiving the same error message when you attempt to place a test order? If so, I'd love to collect a little more information: 

• What payment gateway(s) do you have enabled at the moment (listed under Settings > Payments in your admin) and which one are you using here? 
  • When you visit Orders > Abandoned checkouts, do you see your failed checkout? 
  • When you select that order, are there any notes listed below Additional details? If yes, click on the payment event (likely shown in red) to expand it. What reason is offered for the failed payment? 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lucinda_liu
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi June, 

Thanks very much for your reply. I have worked out the issue. It was because I was using a real credit card for testing payment in the testing mode. 

A tiny suggestion- I think the testing payment part of UX can be more clear by having relevant links placed in the testing mode banner. It was a bit time consuming to find what was wrong about it and find the correct instruction. It turned out that Shopify had mock payment details made for simulating different scenarios, however the relevant content was a bit indirect from the core CTA. 

Thanks again. 

Lucinda 

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi Lucinda,

That's such great feedback! I'll take the time today to share with our developer team that it would be valuable to prompt merchants to check out resources such as Simulate successful transactions within the Test Mode banner and/or Shopify Payments onboarding process. We're always keen to consider ways that we can improve the user experience of our admin so that's awesome insight. Appreciate it! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lucinda_liu
Tourist
3 0 1

Not a problem. Glad to help. 

Have a lovely day. 🙂