Your Shopify Payments account is on hold Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments.

UKorkmaz
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm experiencing the same issue with our store. I never received any email from Shopify. Do you have any tips on how we can resolve this issue?

Replies 8 (8)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi, @UKorkmaz 

Welcome to the Shopify Community and sorry to hear you're having troubles with your Shopify Payments account! 

On the home page of your Shopify Admin where you see the banner notifying you that your account is on hold, are there any requests for information or documents? Make sure if there is a request for any information, you submit the requested information right away as it can affect the status of your Shopify Payments account.

If there is no request for information, and you haven't received any emails about this as you mentioned, the best thing you can do is contact our Support team directly. We're unable to provide account-specific support via the Community at this time, so this will be the best next step.

To reach our Support team
, follow the link to our Contact page, login to your store, search for the issue you need help with, for example "Shopify Payments on hold" then look for the option to Continue to get support. From there, you'll be able to speak with our team via live chat, email or callback request.

Since you're customers can't checkout using Shopify Payments at this time, I'd recommend making sure your store offers another payment option, such as PayPal

Let me know if you have any questions! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Teqplaza
Visitor
2 0 0

The red banner messages on home page are very cryptic and do not provide much information. I also had similar messages and it was very hard to understand to take remedial actions.

On contact centre there were only suggestive FAQ topics. I don't remember seeing any live chat. Next time I will look for that. Anyway I received an email couple of days later and I am hoping to fix the problem in a day or two.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear you were having troubles finding our Support contact options. Make sure to look for the option to Continue to get support after you've been through the relevant help documents suggested (for next time!). Also sorry to hear you were unclear on the messaging provided through the banners on the home page of the admin, I will pass this feedback onto our developers as this is highly important information. 

That being said, I'm glad to hear you've received an email from our team. Replying directly to the email you received will put you in contact with the team who handles these reviews, so this will be the best way to move forward. Thanks for reaching out here!

JohnC
Shopify Partner
74 0 177

I've just been through this painful process - the best part of a week with payments and payouts suspended without any warning.

I have been running the store for several years, however we moved house back in February so I asked for the address for shopify payments to be updated. 8 months later with no prior warning we are suddenly put on review. The messages and help system makes it sound a simple process, however it was extremely painful and stressful week with lots of emails to support (but very few back) to find out why this has happened. Finding what documents they would accept was really hard as their scripts clearly do not cover our type of business (a UK private partnership). After lots of help from our accountant (who found the whole process surprising and very unfair) I uploaded various Tax documents and finally yesterday evening the banners have disappeared, again without any email from support informing us, and we are back taking payments again.

What I find unforgivable is the complete lack of warning and proper contact with support. At the very least there should have been a notification by email that a verification process is now due and allow us to continue to operate until this has completed. Not just switch us off and allow us to find out via our customers. We then had faceless/nameless staff acting like judge and jury on the evidence provided. And we haven't even had a follow up email to say all ok, let alone an apology for seriously compromising our ability to trade. 

And clearly this could happen again to any of us at any time. As soon as I can I'm going to find another ecommerce provider. Shame on you shopify and tobi for treating your customers like this.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi, @JohnC 

Thanks for joining the thread to voice your experience with the Shopify Payments hold on your account. I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience in getting your account information updated. I appreciate that this delay, and the account hold would've affected your customers and business. 

I wanted to follow up to let you know that I've submitted some feedback on your behalf to our team regarding this issue. I've cited the 8 month delay, as well as the lack of updates and communication throughout this process as you mentioned. 

I am happy to hear that in the end, your hold has been lifted. I appreciate your efforts to get the documents submitted despite the confusion. Thanks again for taking the time to explain your experience here, and for sharing your feedback. 

Blizz_406
Excursionist
14 1 6

Hello

Have you find the perfect solution for this? 

Because if you you are having issues with your Shopify payment processor, it can affect 50 to 75 of your transaction, my question now is that have you fixed it?

Blizz_406
Excursionist
14 1 6

Hello

so sorry to hear that you are facing this type of issues, but I know that my solution will be the best answer on how this can be fixed 

kindly share me your website URL?

Thanks

if my suggestion is useful kindly hit and accept my suggestion is solution

Thanks

JohnC
Shopify Partner
74 0 177

@Blizz_406 I think you need to explain what your solution is. Are you offering an alternative payments mechanism?