Solved

Your Shopify Payments account is on hold Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments.

elinkemf
Visitor
2 0 0

I DID NOT GET AN EMAIL.

Can someone please help me?

Accepted Solution (1)
Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

This is an accepted solution.

@adriennegbrown wrote:

I am experiencing the same issue. I never got an email. I have searched. 

I have two messages

Your Shopify Payments account is on hold

Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account

Can you please help me as well? 

Hi, @adriennegbrown!

Since this is an account-specific matter, it requires authentication to review. While I'm not able to access your account and discuss the details from this publicly accessible forum, our Support team would be happy to assist you through an authenticated live chat, email, or callback.

If you have not yet received an email with more information on the payout hold, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request, providing as much detail as possible and referencing this topic so our team can assist.

Getting in touch through the Shopify Help Center is the best path forward in this case, so I've locked the topic and marked this as the solution for the benefit of anyone else coming across this thread.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

Hi, @elinkemf.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received any other information about your Shopify Payments account other than the home card in your admin. I'd be happy to look into this with you to find out what happened and make sure you receive all of the details about the account.

When a Shopify Payments account is on hold, an email is typically sent to the account owner email address, though it could have ended up in a spam or junk mail folder instead of your inbox. 

You can double check the account owner email address under Settings > Plan and permissions by clicking on your name (just make sure you're logged in under your own account if there's more than one staff member on the account).

If this is a custom domain email (like yourname @ yourstore .com, rather than a gmail or hotmail address), please ensure that you're able to receive other messages at that address, as there may have been a temporary service disruption if the provider experienced an issue or if the domain disconnected or in the process of being renewed. 

The email subject line should contain "Your Shopify Payments Account". Try searching for that subject line and let me know if you find a message about the account. 

elinkemf
Visitor
2 0 0

I believe it has been on hold for some time.  This is more of a brand site, than an ecommerce site.  I checked that email and the email is not there, but I only store mail on the server for a limited period of time.

Can you please resend?

Thanks,

Tina

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

Hi, Tina! 

Thank you so much for following up with me here.

I just sent you an email to verify the account. Once I receive your reply on that ticket, I'll be able to forward the details from the original message about the payout hold. 

treaturbody
Visitor
1 0 0

hello for some reson my account says "Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments". i have looked through my emails and still have not see any emails sent to me regarding this issue.if it can be resent to me that would be great.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

@treaturbody wrote:

hello for some reson my account says "Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments". i have looked through my emails and still have not see any emails sent to me regarding this issue.if it can be resent to me that would be great.

Hi, @treaturbody!

I'm happy to take a closer look into this with you, and I've sent you an email so we can authenticate your account. Did you see any additional information in the admin like a request to verify your identity?

adriennegbrown
Visitor
1 0 0

I have two messages

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

This is an accepted solution.

@adriennegbrown wrote:

I have two messages

Hi, @adriennegbrown!

Since this is an account-specific matter, it requires authentication to review. While I'm not able to access your account and discuss the details from this publicly accessible forum, our Support team would be happy to assist you through an authenticated live chat, email, or callback.

If you have not yet received an email with more information on the payout hold, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request, providing as much detail as possible and referencing this topic so our team can assist.

Getting in touch through the Shopify Help Center is the best path forward in this case, so I've locked the topic and marked this as the solution for the benefit of anyone else coming across this thread.

MitchellFly
Excursionist
33 0 5

Hi Sophia,

I'm currently experiencing the same issue with our store. I never received any email from Shopify (checked all associated accounts, all folders including junk and spam) and didn't find anything. Do you have any tips on how we can resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

@MitchellFly wrote:

Hi Sophia,

I'm currently experiencing the same issue with our store. I never received any email from Shopify (checked all associated accounts, all folders including junk and spam) and didn't find anything. Do you have any tips on how we can resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Hi, @MitchellFly!

If there are are no additional details in the admin (like a home card referencing a failed payout or requesting documents for ID verification), our Support team can take a look at the account to find out what happened and walk you through the next steps. We'll just need to authenticate the account first and confirm that we are speaking with the account owner for security reasons.

The fastest way to get in touch is through the Shopify Help Center where you can contact Shopify Support via live chat or email. If you're logged in and callbacks are currently available, the option to schedule a callback will be listed there too. Simply type in the topic you need help with ("Shopify Payments on hold", in this case), then scroll to the bottom of the page and click Continue to find the contact options. Here's what that process looks like:

21-02-44x0b-dfkf0.gif

I want to acknowledge that earlier in this thread, I was able to start email tickets for other merchants. I'm no longer able to create new email tickets, as emails have to be generated through the Shopify Help Center. I definitely recommend logging in first if you can, as this speeds up the authentication process. Thanks so much for your time and understanding! We look forward to helping you resolve this.