Your Shopify Payments account is on hold

IrishCards
Visitor
1 0 0

I keep sending up my passport ID and I get back Your Shopify Payments account is on hold. Do Shopify do this to keep money longer or what? The ID is scanned in colour and sent by jpg as requested.

Who has access to this documentation? Is my ID documentation being sent to INDIA?  Shopify support seems to be non existent, it is really frustrating. I got onto Chat last night I may as well have been in discussion with myself. 

John

Reply 1 (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @IrishCards,

It's difficult for me to know why your store might be on hold without taking a deeper look. But from what you've said, it seems as though you're having issues getting your ID verified to open up Shopify Payments. Something to make sure of is that the name on your store associated with Shopify Payments and the name on your ID matches. If they don't it would mean the ID couldn't be used to verify you. We take security very seriously at Shopify especially with money, so making sure the ID's match is very important. There are some other requirements for Shopify Payments too. There is a specific document with personal information requirements here also. 

I know you haven't had the best experience with our support chats so far, but this would be the best place to have someone take a closer look into this to make sure you can get Shopify Payments verified as soon as possible. We're unable to look into store specifics via the community for privacy and security reasons. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reply and let me know.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.