Visitor
1 0 1

why my my Shopify Payments account is on hold

Accepted Solutions (2)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

This is an accepted solution.

In most cases, it's because they require supplementary account holder information for verification purposes. Thus when a Shopify Payments account is on hold, the Shopify account holder is sent an email with additional information.

If you haven't received the email, contact support directly via this link
https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

View solution in original post

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @Cas9900!

Thank you very much for joining the thread.

I'm happy to hear that you were able to set up your store. I understand that you are currently unable to accept orders and have not received an email from Shopify to verify your Shopify Payments. I welcome you to check out our Shopify Payments setup guide to ensure that you have followed the correct steps. If you are still running into issues, we’ll need to access your account in order to gather more information. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via Community Forums at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since you're just starting out, I’d love to provide you with some feedback on your newly developed store. Feel free to share your URL if you’d like! In the meantime, you can check out our Shopify Store Launch Checklist as this provides a methodical approach to ensure that everything on your store is optimized for conversion.

Talk soon! 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 22 (22)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

In most cases, it's because they require supplementary account holder information for verification purposes. Thus when a Shopify Payments account is on hold, the Shopify account holder is sent an email with additional information.

If you haven't received the email, contact support directly via this link
https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
compre2021
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm having a similar problem, my store has the message "Your Shopify Payments account is on hold"

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @compre2021.

Thanks for reaching out on this thread. I completely understand the importance of learning more about your Shopify Payments account hold. 

For context, there are a few reasons why your account may be placed on hold. For example, your account may be undergoing our standard review process. To learn more about the hold, please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request through live chat, email, or callback. Once you have logged in to your account, type your request in 'Ask about a topic', scroll down to 'Get Support', and then click 'Continue.' From there, you can submit your request to speak with an advisor. Our team will be able to access your account, and take a closer look at this for you.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach back out here. 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 

ALzoon
Visitor
1 0 0
Your Shopify Payments account is on hold

Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments.

begomart
Visitor
2 0 0

HELLO,

my shopify account have balance about $1000 before 1 day of payout they give me this statement:

''YOUR PAYOUT FROM SHOPIFY PAYMENT ARE ON HOLD WHILE WE REVIEW YOUR ACCOUNT''.

i contact with the support about it also my case is ''Escalated''. but i dont even recive any kind of email and they alswas say we sent you an email no one is here to help me . 

PLEASE , tell me any way or contact with me my money is so important for me i need my payout it's on hold because of this standard review.

THANKS,

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @begomart!

Thanks for joining this thread.

While I understand that this is not ideal, this is indeed a standard review for your account which will need some time to be completed. It's common that you will need to upload a few documents to verify your account. If you have not seen an email, you can check your Shopify Admin to see if there are any banners that request additional details.

If you have already submitted the documents, then our team will review them and the banner will be removed, if more information is needed, then you will receive a new banner on your admin.

I can assure you that our team is doing our best to work on this for you!

begomart
Visitor
2 0 0

Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 11.25.30 pm.pngIn my situation people can still make payments but i cant get payout ,its now 4th day and you can see i cant able to withdrwal my money , im using shopify payments & shopify balance bank while creating both of these they give me option to ''verify yourself'' then i click on that banner and enter my:

• passport
  • legal name 
  • ssn
  • ein

but this time they just show me this error bar and dont give any option to upload any kind of documents. (not recive any email , there's not any bar which said upload your document's)

now i dont know what to do because support team is not helping me  

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @begomart!
Thanks for joining this thread. I’d be happy to provide some more information. 

I understand that you have already submitted various documents for verification. There could be several reasons why your account is currently on hold. One possibility is that your account is undergoing our standard review process, which should resolve itself once the review is complete. However, we would be happy to review your account and determine if any additional information is required.

To assist you further, please reach out to us through the available contact methods in our Help Center. If you see the chat assistant, you can ask to be connected with support, and it will guide you through the next steps to connect with a team member. Once you are in touch with our support team, we will be able to take a closer look at your account and provide you with the necessary assistance.

Thank you for your understanding, and please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Max114
Tourist
8 0 1

hello, was your situation resolved? if so, how long did it take? i have same situation.

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Lahookah.

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forum. I completely understand the importance of being able to receive your payouts and I'm happy to provide you with some more information. May I ask if you received an email from our team regarding your payouts? 

If you haven't received an update on your payout hold, you can reach out directly to our support team for some more information. We’ll need to access your account to look into this further for you. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. 

In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your buisness! How has everything been going so far? Is this a new business venture for you?

Talk soon, 

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hi, @Lahookah.

Just checking in with you. Were you able to reach out to our support team regarding your payout hold? Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best, 

eboniehouse
Visitor
1 0 0

i have reached out i haven't got an email nor did when i call did they have answers as to why my payout is on hold nor when i will get paid its crazy over 500$ no one knows when i will receive and i can't send the orders without receiving payment 

Cas9900
Visitor
2 0 0

hi luna 

i make my store and all setting done successfully  after i setup my  the option will show you cant accept order now and i dont receive any email from shopify for verification please help me 

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @Cas9900!

I'm happy to hear that you were able to set up your store. I understand that you are currently unable to accept orders and have not received an email from Shopify to verify your Shopify Payments. I welcome you to check out our Shopify Payments setup guide to ensure that you have followed the correct steps. If you are still running into issues, we’ll need to access your account in order to gather more information. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via Community Forums at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since you're just starting out, I’d love to provide you with some feedback on your newly developed store. Feel free to share your URL if you’d like! In the meantime, you can check out our Shopify Store Launch Checklist as this provides a methodical approach to ensure that everything on your store is optimized for conversion.

Talk soon! 

thepeacockbling
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having this issue also and trying to follow your instructions but am not seeing anywhere there is a live chat, an email address or callback area.  Please help!

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @thepeacockbling!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I appreciate you trying to follow the steps to contact support, and I'd be happy to help provide further clarification.

1. Go to https://help.shopify.com/en/questions
  2. Click Log in and enter your details. (If you are unable to Log in successfully, click the link above again and select Continue without logging in)
  3. REQUIRED: Enter a brief description of your question into the search bar.
  4. Search results will be shown; if you can’t find what you’re looking, scroll down and below Get Support click Continue
  5. Choose the way you want to contact Shopify support from options provided. 

Please note the phone callbacks will be available depending on our current contact volume.

If you don’t see the “schedule a callback” option, please reach out via another support channel such as chat, or email. 

If you are encountering trouble contacting support using the steps provided please provide as much detail as possible on what you are seeing. Which step are you at, what did you search for etc.

Talk soon! 

Ghost_X_Ghost
Tourist
5 0 2

My payments have been on hold for a week, asking me to submit documents confirming I am able to "resell" the branded products that were in question. I am not a "reseller", I am a seller, meaning I make my own products, not resell products. Regardless, I submitted the appropriate documents showing I have the legal right to sell the branded products in question. I have not heard back from anyone. I have emailed the legal and risk assessment departments multiple times (about 3 times a day), and no one has gotten back to me. I had a call with customer service, and they were unable to help me, or contact the appropriate departments. 

I need this issue escalated, as the canned answers are not applicable to my situation. Please help!

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @Ghost_X_Ghost!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I appreciate you taking the time to outline your situation, and I'm sorry for any confusion or frustration caused. I just want to make it clear that I'm unable to authenticate over the Community Forums, which means I won't be able to access your account and see what the issue might be.

To provide some context, as soon as you upload the documents requested, they are sent over to our internal team for review. This typically does take some time, but our internal team will review them as soon as they can. If approved, the banner typically goes away, or if there is an error in the documentation, you will receive an updated banner or further correspondence from the team. 

If you've already received an email regarding your Shopify Payments being on hold please respond directly with any additional questions you may have, and the Representative will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks for your understanding! 

Ghost_X_Ghost
Tourist
5 0 2

So this is exactly the canned answer that I stated that was not helpful. I know all of this already, and it is absolutely ridiculous that there is no way to contact a person directly to go over an issue involving sensitive legal documents like this. 

That said, I was able to get this situation resolved, so if someone is reading this and is in a similar situation as I was, let me tell you how I resolved the issue:

1. make sure you aren't selling licensed brands without a license. I did have a license, so I had the right to be able to make and sell the branded products in question.

2. upload the requested docs right away at the specific link provided. I was asked to provide a letter from the rights holder and an invoice from a vendor showing that I'm a reseller. In my specific case, I am not a "reseller," I'm a seller, as I sell original product. So what I uploaded was an invoice from one of my manufacturers, and my licensing agreement from the rights holder of the brand in question. A licensing contract supersedes the requested letter.

3. If it takes more than 24 hours to resolved (mind you, if you are legally allowed to sell branded items), then start replying to original email sent to you (if should be from legal or risk assessment dept.)  every 2 hours during work hours/days. I did this for a couple of days in a row.

4. Request a call with customer service. When you get someone on the line and explain your situation, they will say they are unable to assist you, as they don't have access to the information, and cannot contact the legal or risk team. This is not true. They can email them. insist on staying on the line until they at least create a ticket, and if possible, while they email the other department. If they won't let you stay on the line, at least get the ticket number, which will be emailed to you.

5. Once you have the ticket number, and your situation is still unresolved, call back again the next day at a different time, in hopes you get a different set of customer service reps. Pro tip: if you get someone in a really loud call center, they probably won't help you. If you get someone that sound like they're in a quiet room, they can probably help you (this was just my experience). Give them your ticket number and explain your unique situation, and request that they email the legal/risk team while you're on the phone. They can sometimes get someone to at least take a look at your case while you're on the phone. In my case, this is what happened, and my situation was resolved, and my account was immediately reinstated.

My situation is pretty unique, but I can't be the only one that has gone through it. In my case, it took me a week to resolve, but persistence pays off. Also being polite yet firm.

Hope this helps!

cncsbeautyandmo
Tourist
7 0 0

Has anyone actually gotten this solved because this just happened to me and I got no email and support has been no help just a bunch of fluff and script 

Cncsartandbeauty
Ghost_X_Ghost
Tourist
5 0 2

See my answer directly above your post. I detail exactly what I did to resolve the issue.

cncsbeautyandmo
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you 

Cncsartandbeauty