1 0 0

why my my Shopify Payments account is on hold

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1366 314 397

This is an accepted solution.

In most cases, it's because they require supplementary account holder information for verification purposes. Thus when a Shopify Payments account is on hold, the Shopify account holder is sent an email with additional information.

If you haven't received the email, contact support directly via this link
https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1366 314 397

This is an accepted solution.

In most cases, it's because they require supplementary account holder information for verification purposes. Thus when a Shopify Payments account is on hold, the Shopify account holder is sent an email with additional information.

If you haven't received the email, contact support directly via this link
https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
712 66 89

Hey, @Lahookah.

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forum. I completely understand the importance of being able to receive your payouts and I'm happy to provide you with some more information. May I ask if you received an email from our team regarding your payouts? 

If you haven't received an update on your payout hold, you can reach out directly to our support team for some more information. We’ll need to access your account to look into this further for you. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. 

In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your buisness! How has everything been going so far? Is this a new business venture for you?

Talk soon, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
712 66 89

Hi, @Lahookah.

Just checking in with you. Were you able to reach out to our support team regarding your payout hold? Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best, 

eboniehouse
1 0 0

i have reached out i haven't got an email nor did when i call did they have answers as to why my payout is on hold nor when i will get paid its crazy over 500$ no one knows when i will receive and i can't send the orders without receiving payment 

compre2021
2 0 0

I'm having a similar problem, my store has the message "Your Shopify Payments account is on hold"

Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
712 66 89

Hey, @compre2021.

Thanks for reaching out on this thread. I completely understand the importance of learning more about your Shopify Payments account hold. 

For context, there are a few reasons why your account may be placed on hold. For example, your account may be undergoing our standard review process. To learn more about the hold, please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request through live chat, email, or callback. Once you have logged in to your account, type your request in 'Ask about a topic', scroll down to 'Get Support', and then click 'Continue.' From there, you can submit your request to speak with an advisor. Our team will be able to access your account, and take a closer look at this for you.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach back out here. 

Cas9900
2 0 0

hi luna 

i make my store and all setting done successfully  after i setup my  the option will show you cant accept order now and i dont receive any email from shopify for verification please help me 

Mac
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
588 49 92

Hi, @Cas9900!

Thank you very much for joining the thread.

I'm happy to hear that you were able to set up your store. I understand that you are currently unable to accept orders and have not received an email from Shopify to verify your Shopify Payments. I welcome you to check out our Shopify Payments setup guide to ensure that you have followed the correct steps. If you are still running into issues, we’ll need to access your account in order to gather more information. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via Community Forums at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since you're just starting out, I’d love to provide you with some feedback on your newly developed store. Feel free to share your URL if you’d like! In the meantime, you can check out our Shopify Store Launch Checklist as this provides a methodical approach to ensure that everything on your store is optimized for conversion.

Talk soon! 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify