summer '24 product variant edit cluster F**K!

summer '24 product variant edit cluster F**K!

teekay05
Excursionist
28 0 49

Dear Shopify,

please stop f**king up what used to be working fine and making it worse with many additional steps!

product variant edit used to be decently rich & quick, 1 click on the variant title to bring up pricing edits on a pop-up with an overview of selling price, compare at, cost, & margin, now no longer available.

summer 24, now with a check box, "price edit" selected, and NONE OF IT is on the price edit pop up, instead a dumb prompt asking to apply price to all variant? WTF are you folks smoking there at shopify?

variant side scrolling critical info edit was previously a breeze, now split into individual task from the 'bulk edit' drop down?

SERIOUSLY?

Replies 2 (2)

StephensWorld
Shopify Partner
1389 169 349

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I figured I'd make some suggestions, just in case they help! 🙂

Don't click the check-mark box next to a variant -- just click "edit" next to one of the variants. It'll bring up the same page as it used to, where you can click into your variants individually (on the left) with the price/compared-at/sku/etc (on the right). 

If you need to do a bunch of bulk edits to your product variants, you should do those via CSV export/imports. 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/import-export/using-csv 

This has always been the fastest way to make bulk edits, and works the exact same after the 'summer 24' updates. 

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

https://stephens.world
support@stephensworld.ca

teekay05
Excursionist
28 0 49

thanks for your input, much appreciated.

there isn't any edit buttons on the variants now. only the variant title is clickable to pop the page up. editing other critical info such as the sku, qty, price used to be a breeze, now just many more unnecessary steps to get simple tasks done.

Sorry for the rant, pent up from previous dashboard unwarranted useless update. Shopify has this habit of making shocking changes to what works and adding steps to what used to be simple.