FROM CACHE - fr_header

Urgent SEO Optimization Issues on my Shopify Store

RDLB
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hello,
I'm reaching out because I'm currently experiencing significant issues with my Shopify store that are severely impacting its SEO performance.

In the process of optimizing my store, I've found a multitude ofproblems that I'm struggling to resolve. Here are the main concerns:

1. There are thousands of pages that are not being indexed by Google, and this has been the case for several months. It's crucial for my business that these pages are discoverable via search engines.
  2. New pages that I've created are not being recognized by Google, despite multiple attempts to have them indexed.
  3. When using Ahrefs to analyze my website's SEO health, I received a score of 1/100, which is extremely concerning.
  4. There are multiple error messages related to broken images and 404 errors, among other issues.

I'm finding it difficult to pinpoint the reasons for these issues and would greatly appreciate your guidance. Could you provide assistance or direct me to resources that can help me understand and resolve these problems?

I understand that troubleshooting these issues may take time, but due to their impact on my business, any prompt assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,Capture d’écran 2023-06-06 à 14.38.57.png

3 RÉPONSES 3

PowerDreamer
Touriste
10 2 1

You may want to take a look at https://powerdreamer.com/seo and https://indexed.pro/ 

You might be missing out on a lot of traffic and sales.
Are your store pages optimised for search engines? Use an AI SEO Writer
Is your ad copy optimised? Use an AI Ad Copywriter

SEOProStaff
Shopify Partner
89 0 4

Hi @RDLB ,

Great questions! Here are some concise answers:

• Repeating the product title in the description isn't necessary. Focus on creating informative and engaging content that naturally incorporates keywords.
  • The product title a nd meta title can differ; the meta title should be optimized for search engines while remaining relevant to the product.
  • Including CTA words like "buy" or "shop" in meta descriptions can be effective but should be tested for impact on click-through rates.
  • Yes, changing the handle creates a redirect. It's crucial to limit redirects to avoid potential SEO and user experience issues. Shopify handles these seamlessly, but keep them to a minimum.
  • While highlighting keywords doesn't directly improve SEO, it can enhance user experience by making content more scan-friendly

SEOPro could be an invaluable tool in addressing these areas. It assists with SEO audits, identifying issues like missing keywords or insufficient content, and offers bulk optimization tools for meta titles, descriptions, and more. This can significantly streamline the process of optimizing your store for SEO.

Full disclosure: We are the developer of this app.

Phil
SeoPro Developer
For any question, feel free to reach out to us: support@seo-pro.app

SEOProStaff
Shopify Partner
89 0 4

Hi @RDLB ,

I'm sorry to hear about the SEO challenges you're facing with your Shopify store. The issues you've described, such as pages not being indexed by Google, broken images, and a low SEO health score, can be daunting but are fixable with a systematic approach.

First, ensure your site is well-structured and that you're using correct SEO practices, such as proper use of header tags, meta tags, and alt texts for images. Make sure to address any 404 errors by setting up redirects where necessary.

Regarding your unindexed pages, it could be helpful to review your robots.txt file to ensure you're not accidentally blocking search engines from crawling important pages. Also, submit an updated sitemap to Google Search Console if you haven't already.

For the broken images and low health score indicated by Ahrefs, you could benefit from an app like SEOPro, which can run an SEO audit on your Shopify Products and Collections, identifying and helping you to fix these types of issues. It also offers bulk optimization tools, which could save you time in resolving these errors.

Full disclosure: We are the developer of this app.

Phil
SeoPro Developer
For any question, feel free to reach out to us: support@seo-pro.app