Added Location and want EVERY existing and new product to be added by default

HauteVictoire
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi all, I have a simple company. I fulfill from one location but I create new sales locations for when I am doing pop-ups and trunk shows in new regions. The main issue for me is to make sure that when I travel to do a pop-up or trunk show with my PoS Card-Swipe, I want to make sure that every item in my store by default shows up on my PoS no matter what location I have switched my PoS settings to. I just learned that to be charging the correct tax when I travel for a pop-up or trunk show I had to set up a location for where the show was taking place. I am just anxious to make sure that my PoS equipment will have all my inventory listed no matter which location I have chosen. Is there something I have to do in my Shopify admin settings or should it work by default? Thanks, John

Replies 4 (4)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Hi @HauteVictoire 

A new POS location entails a new inventory tab generated for each product. To make sure your stock carries over, you can mirror your stock in bulk to that of your original location, otherwise they would all show up as not stocked at that POS location. 

One thing you could do, quoting Shopify's documentation:

"In-store purchases that are completed using Shopify POS use available inventory from the location where the sale is made. If the orders are placed to be shipped to the customer's address, then they use inventory based on how online orders are set up rather than the store's location."

You could theoretically add their address as a Ship To, thus adjusting your initial inventory. 

Let me know if you have additional questions! 

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
HauteVictoire
Visitor
2 0 0

JHKCreate, I first wanted to thank you for responding to my question. I will have to read through your response carefully and let you know how it goes.

Regards, John

jessica0318
Pathfinder
95 0 15

Did you solve this problem now?

thearinae
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi! I am having this exact problem. 

In Shopifys YouTube video on "How to Add Retail Locations," they even state that you "may want to set up a booth or have a pop up shop" and they advise how to set up the location for that. However, they don't mention anything about how it affects the inventory and how it shows as "not stocked" on the POS app. I basically take all of my inventory from the store to the pop up, so I find it pointless to bulk edit and switch inventory to this new location for a 3-day event. I'm finding that Shopify may not be compatible for this... ? Any suggestions? 

I want to ensure that I am collecting the correct amount of sales tax, so in order to do this, a location has to be created, but I am wondering if there is a way to allow all of my inventory to be in 2 locations at the same time?