Adding Decimal fraction on the quantity

newasianspices
2 0 3

Hi,

I am new to shopify .   I am looking for an option to change the quantity in decimals.  We are selling groceries and vegetables online.  Most of the time we need to edit the order to change the quantity of the vegetables.  Is there any option to change the quantity by increments like 1.2lb, 1.3lb etc.. .  Curious to know how others are handling this?

Replies 8 (8)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1590 196 356

Hey, @newasianspices 

The easiest way to accomplish this would be through a product options app. A few options worth looking into are:

These will allow you to add a field onto your certain product pages where you want the customer to be able to enter in the weight of the product via a text/number field or use checkboxes for them to select from a sequence of pre-determined weights in increments of your choice.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tnsknr
1 0 1

Hello, I have the same issue, could you please help me out

BellStone
Excursionist
21 0 4

I have spent months trying to solve a similar problem. There wasn’t a perfect solution but I did hire propero to code my product that the customer sees increments. On the back end you have to put in small units. I sell in tons so had to inventory in 1/4 tons or could of done lbs. problem with pounds for me is another Shopify limitation of only allowing 2 decimal places in pricing. For example you can’t use $.0456.  So I had to use a larger qty which stinks for inventory. See our website and go to landscape stone. Select Arizona river rock and you’ll see. Lokendra was awesome to work with too. If inventory isn’t a huge deal this works great. 

www.bellstone.rocks. 

grocerbox
1 0 0

HI there, is the issue that you can't sell by weight to the front end customer? Ex. You want to sell apples. as 1lb, 1.5lbs, etc., or is it that you sell apples at 1lb each but when you weigh the items they are 1.1lb, 1.2lb, etc. ?

Propero
Shopify Partner
884 101 155

Here is a demo of a solution for this thread

https://sale-by-weight.myshopify.com

password: sbw

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Click Accept as Solution
To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in
checkout our app https://apps.shopify.com/picamaze
BellStone
Excursionist
21 0 4

I highly highly recommend this company. Lokendra works all hours of the night to make sure you are up and running. My first real experience with a developer and I use him all the time. If anyone has questions about how to push this through to QBO I can share my experience. 

Stashfabricvt
Tourist
3 0 4

Hi,

Why can't I find this app on the Shopify App store?

BellStone
Excursionist
21 0 4
I had a programmer build mine. Very reasonable. Propel consulting Lokendra is his name.