ALL THREE of my chip and tap card readers no longer accepting chip

dbruijn
Tourist
4 0 3

I have two POS locations and 3 registers.  They each have a Chip and Tap credit card reader.

ALL THREE of them simultaneously stopped reading chips and must be put in manually.  The tap does work.  

I've unpaired. Forgotten.  Rebooted. Everything. Many times. Re-paired.

The device is recognized and shown as connected by the POS.

Same result.  Chip reader doesn't work.   Only tap.  For all 3 of them. 

Replies 6 (6)

Samantha_Palmer
Tourist
4 0 3

We are also having this issue. The chip just isn't read half the time and only the tap to pay is working. All software is updated on reader and iPad. 

AGC1869
Tourist
3 0 3

What was your resolution to this issue?  We are having the issue now.

AGC1869
Tourist
3 0 3

Having this problem now.  What was your resolution?

maykitfun
Visitor
2 0 1

Just got through the costly problem of custom sales suddenly not charging tax (which we had to pay without any compensation)... Now, the card reader magically does not work. The app is working, and the card reader just sits indoors on the checkout counter and has never been dropped or wet etc., but swipe and chip quit at the same time. I also have tried every troubleshooting method over and over as I was losing sales, and still no resolve.

The whole point of using shopify is to make money-, yet it is costing me more in losses than the cost of the service itself. So frustrating.

"If it aint broke, don't fix it"- So many great products start to go downhill when they start changing things that already work. It was fine, and it was popular because it just worked. I have been a huge advocate for shopify for years. I have sold so many others into using their platform. Now, it's becoming questionable. I hope they get things straightened out very quickly.

AGC1869
Tourist
3 0 3

I GOT ONE OF MY READERS WORKING AGAIN BY LOGGING COMPLETLY OUT OF SHOPIFY AND LOGGING BACK IN AND GOING THROUGH THE PAIRING(BLUETOOTH) PROCESS AGAIN.    HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET SHOPIFY TO HELP

maykitfun
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you.

We have tried that over and over along with every other fix we could find online. Still nothing. We ordered a new one and 4days later it still has not even left the warehouse. I hope it continues to work for you.