What can be done to fix the Apple Pay and store pickup issue on Shopify?

shopflaunt
Visitor
1 0 1

We are having a problem with apple pay. When customers use apple pay, their order automatically reverts to shipping and the store pickup option is not available. I then have to go in and manually refund the shipping fee and email them when their order is ready for pickup. How can I change this? This is time consuming and frustrating on the customer's end as well. This should be seamless but it is not. 

Replies 8 (8)

TwentyDegrees
Tourist
4 0 3

This is a longstanding issue with Shopify, and they don't seem remotely interested in fixing it. Here's another thread on the same topic:  https://community.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-and/pickup-not-available-with-express-checkout/m-p...

And another thread:

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/pick-up-at-store-issue/td-p/749280

I don't have much faith they'll fix it. The first comment I saw was from April 2020. It's October 30, 2021. They. Don't. Care.

MarijaZapiet
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Hi there,

Marija here from Zapiet. I understand your sentiment, and I hope there will be a native solution available soon.

In the meantime, our Store Pickup + Delivery app should work with express checkout methods if set up correctly.

If you would like to give it a try, please take a look at our Express checkout methods article

We're also happy to answer any further questions you might have regarding our app—let us know if you need help!🙂

Take care,

Marija

meatdirect_ca
Excursionist
13 0 0

I have the same issues with local delivery and apple pay.  What is the solution for this?? 

Jeremy_Griffin
Shopify Partner
7 0 4

Come on Shopify. This is a burning issue. Please raise it higher onto your priority list. I have hair salon clients who really needs this . . . 

EugeneOz
Tourist
4 0 1

Yes, shopify, we need you to solve this?

SistaShades
Tourist
6 0 1

We are literally having this same issue . We wanted Apple Pay on our website to make it FAST . But when ppl pay with apple pay it does not allow them to select PICK UP . These things really need to be looked into and changed 

KTJay_81
Visitor
2 0 0

@Shopify this is still an issue as of 20 minutes ago! As a product based business in the early stages, a lot of my customers are local. I have just had one complain they couldn’t select pick up and use Apple Pay. 
Please tell me you are going to find a fix???

otoolea
Visitor
1 0 0

We've only been up and running for less than month and this has been our number 1 issue ---every day! What is the plan or do I just ditch apple pay? Or do I ditch shopify. This can't be difficult.