Can Shopify POS park sales?

Frankie_Yuen
Tourist
5 0 1

Much like a bar running a tab and save the sales record before checking out. Can I retrive the record and add items to it?

Replies 8 (8)
Ann
Shopify Staff
509 0 101

Hey, Frankie, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

When it comes to our Shopify POS system, we do have a feature that lets you save your customers carts. Essentially, you can add things to a cart, then tap an option to save it for later. When you're ready, you can retrieve the cart and continue with adding items to it. 

This is a feature that is available on our Shopify Plan or higher, and you can learn more about it, and how it works on this page in our Shopify Manual. 

For more details on our POS system, it features and how it works, check out this page

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Frankie_Yuen
Tourist
5 0 1

It does mention 

Carts can't be saved in Shopify POS for iPhone or Android

Does it mean if I use Shopify POS app on an android tablet, I cannot use this feature? Only in Shopify POS for iPad? But are there other versions of Shopify POS?

Ann
Shopify Staff
509 0 101

Hey, Frankie, 

Yup! So that message in our Shopify Manual means that this is only a feature that's available on an iPad at this time. It wouldn't be available on an iPhone, an Android phone, or Android tablet. 

As for your questions about other versions of Shopify POS- there are different versions of the app for Apple products and Android products due to the differences in operating systems. At this time, the majority of our POS features are available on iPads, so I would definitely recommend keeping that in mind if you're considering a robust POS system from Shopify. 

Let me know if you have any more questions about this. 

Have a great one,
Ann

Frankie_Yuen
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks a lot.

For the sake of creating an info-rich post, can you let me know if Shopify POS supports multiple Shopify POS instances running at the same time?

Ann
Shopify Staff
509 0 101

Hey, Frankie, 

For sure! When it comes to our POS system, you can definitely have it open and running across different devices at the same time. They will all be synced to your store, and you can even keep track of which orders came from which device within your admin. 

This section in our Shopify Manual will go over everything you need to know about our POS system, and if there's anything else you need to ask, definitely let me know! 

Have a great one,
Ann

DIYBAR
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Frankie & Ann, 

I am also curious about your last question about using the same account across multiple Shopify POS iPads. I own a bar/restaurant type of business and need to keep tabs open from multiple iPads...only to do the testing and find out that when you save a cart on one iPad, you can't access it from the other iPad...which is super frustrating as ALL of the other POS systems we've used in the past have been able to sync up and access open tabs from anywhere...

Is this a feature you plan on adding in the near future? Are there any apps that work? Any work-arounds? 

Thanks,

Jason

anj_ange
Tourist
3 0 0

Seems like a very standard feature of retail selling, which is now only available in the $89 p/m upgrade of Shopify POS?... 

Lawson_Thalmann
Excursionist
40 0 34

I second the need for this to be compatible across iPads and iPhones. However, we are currently tinkering with this app and it works pretty well: https://apps.shopify.com/draft-orders-for-pos?st_campaign=about-app&st_source=admin&utm_campaign=ins...