Case Breaks

petgrocer
Excursionist
26 1 16

I've put this up before but it seems to have disappeared. Looking for solution for case breaks. We are a real retail store, that went from a fully function POS system (SmartVendor) to this semi-functional version with Shopify. Our inventory is never ever correct now, as it has no option for case breaks. I spend 5 hours a week manually doing inventory checks and doing inventory adjustments for case breaks. There is no app (yet another $50 a month for something that should be standard before anyone releases a POS and claims it's suitable for a retail environment). There is no answer from Shopify (other than the rote 'we will pass it to the dev team' then we are never to hear from them again). Trying to force this square peg POS system into a round hole retail environment is taking us so much time we are ready to look (yet again) at another POS system. It's so painful. No communication, no solutions. Surely we are not the only retailer who is using cases of items that are sold in cases or eaches! Any solutions? Any recommendations? Any idea how to get Shopify to communicate with REAL answers about if something will be addressed or not? Frustration level is off the charts lately with this system.

0 Likes
kingstore
Excursionist
26 0 4

Why not use separate variations for the case breaks which will enable you to set up separate SKUs, prices etc., and just use an app which enables custom variations to show the case variation? 

Within SKUSavvy we bring over all the variations, and you would do the same here and could set your units of measure on the variants themselves for pick-pack-ship functions. 

kingstore_0-1634089772153.png

There is a much easier way for growing Shopify stores to manage the warehouse and order fulfillment: Get one SKUSavvy Mobile WMS and Order Fulfillment Account Free
0 Likes
petgrocer
Excursionist
26 1 16

Thanks for the reply. I don't see how that is going to correct our inventory. We already have variants for each. We have a case of dog food cans (12 in a case) sku and a sku for the individual can (1 each). We need something that will see at the close of each day that we are showing (for example) 1 case in stock and -4 of the eaches, then do the case break for us, effectively changing the stock levels to now read 0 cases in stock, and 8 eaches. Most POS systems already have this as an automatic feature. I have not yet even seen an app that can perform this function. From your reply it doesn't seem your system performs that function? We are not a warehouse, so the pick-pack thing is not how we operate. We are retail (hence the retail pos forum) so we are only doing case breaks on the floor. Case is on the floor, and the eaches are on the floor, and when we open a case to put out the eaches, we need our inventory to reflect that we cracked open that case and the case is no longer available, and the eaches are. Hope this is clear - hard in writing to explain the retail flow.

0 Likes