How to get a closing stock report from an app?

Steranko
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi everyone.

Every year our accountant asks us for a closing stock report. It would be really handy for us (as all the stock we hold is on our Shopify) if there was an app that could total our stock and how much it comes to at retail price. We could then simply divide that amount by 2.5 to give us our total end of year stock balance.

Any help would be appreciated - i can also go into more detail if necessary.

Replies 5 (5)

KingsTeam
Visitor
3 0 0

Stocky should do this.  It has a stock on hand report which gives you total cost price valuation, and retail price valuation.

KBetterReports
Shopify Partner
69 0 25

Hi Steranko,

Kritesh here from Better Reports team.

I just replied to your other thread. However, just in case you missed it, I believe our app - Better Reports can help with this. We can report on current inventory and aggregate it by price/cost showing the total inventory value by price or cost along with breaking it down by products or variants if needed.

You can also schedule this report to run automatically at a regular cadence for your accountant, which would send him this report at every month end, and going forward you'd have an accurate record of inventory as well. If you prefer, we can automate the "divide by 2.5" calculation in it too.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

Disclaimer: I am part of the Better Reports support team.

Steranko
Tourist
7 0 1

Thanks for this! I've downloaded the app, but struggling to understand how best to create the report, is this something you can help with?

Thanks

KBetterReports
Shopify Partner
69 0 25

Awesome! Absolutely, I'll be happy to help with setting this up! 🙂

You'll receive a message from me in the registered email ID of the store shortly.

antony8
Tourist
6 0 4

Second Better Reports. It’s easily been one of the most useful and powerful tools we have available & we’re regularly finding new ways to access data & put it to good use.