Can Shopify POS manage department-based sales effectively?

gio2020
Visitor
3 0 0

I am looking for a solution to create department-based sales for a jewelry store, there are more than 10000 items that all labeled without barcode but department code, in the past 16 months we have been using the shopify POS and 90% of the sales we enter all in the “Add Custom Sales” which is not really giving any good report moreover almost all the sales are price negotiated, I don’t believe my problem unique among to many thousand users and I hope I find a solution in the community soon.

Thanks in advance

Replies 2 (2)

gio2020
Visitor
3 0 0

Since that I didn’t get any solution then my suggest to developers to shoplifty POS to make it more adaptable and hear what the community asks for, unfortunately some common functionality like repairs, lay away, department-based sales are not there, this POS is very primitive and I do not recommend to anybody who run their business in real POS to switch ☹

BetterReports-C
Shopify Partner
77 0 6

Hi @gio2020 

Claudia here from Better Reports.

Have you been able to find a solution for this with Shopify? If not, I would recommend our app Better Reports to report on department-based sales.

As your products are labeled with department codes, we could create a department field with these labels assigning the department name according to how it is identified within the code. This field can then be used within reports to sort them by department or used as a filter to see the information for specific departments.

In addition to this, Better Reports has more than 60 built-in reports available out of the box that cover many common use-cases for merchants. You can schedule reports to run at set frequencies to your email or Google Drive or export the reports in CSV, Excel or PDF format.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

What do you think?