Discount Code - Code "Performance" shows different results against the "Sales by discount report"

Michael168
Visitor
3 0 0

Dear Shopify,

We are running a discount code for xmas promotion. 

When we click "Discounts" and then the discount code, we can see "performance", e.g. 83 used $15000 in total sales. 

Then, there is an option called "View the Sales by discount report". However, the Sales by discount report shows the discount code has different result, e.g. 50 used $11000 in total sales.

We checked the timeframe, filter, discount code etc. but the results are still different. 

Please help!

Thanks!

Reply 1 (1)

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
169 6 16

Hi @Michael168,

Keanna here from Better Reports.

Have you been able to find a solution for this with Shopify? If not, I would recommend our app Better Reports for this.

We have a built-in Sales by Discount Code report which shows you the discount code type, total orders, and total sales by discount code. The report can be filtered for different date ranges or sales channels. 

We can also break it down the order level so you can easily investigate exactly where the sales are coming from.

In addition to this, Better Reports has more than 60 built-in reports available out of the box that cover many common use-cases for merchants. You can schedule reports to run at set frequencies to your email or Google Drive or export the reports in CSV, Excel or PDF format.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go, and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Disclaimer: I am part of the Better Reports support team.