Discount code not acting the way it should

kaanayfer
Tourist
14 0 1

I have a discount code setup on my Shopify, specifically for customers who have already purchased at least once.
However when I test it, even from a new browser, it is letting me add the discount code, despite that I have never purchased from the website, how do I fix this?

Replies 8 (8)

SealSubs
Explorer
79 1 4

Hi @kaanayfer ,

When you were creating the discount code, did you choose the "Specific customer segments" option and selected the segment called "Customers who have purchased at least once"?

SealSubs_0-1717505499043.png

Seal Subscriptions App, a subscription app for Shopify, with glowing user testimonials.
kaanayfer
Tourist
14 0 1

Yup, of course

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 5.11.38 PM.png

SealSubs
Explorer
79 1 4

Hmm, that's strange.

Does the customer segment have the same code as my screenshot?

SealSubs_0-1717508342491.png

Seal Subscriptions App, a subscription app for Shopify, with glowing user testimonials.
kaanayfer
Tourist
14 0 1

im not sure how to check this sorry

kaanayfer
Tourist
14 0 1

let me know how to check this whenever you are free, thank you

SealSubs
Explorer
79 1 4

Hi @kaanayfer,

You should be able to check, by going to: Shopify > Customers > Segments > click on "Customers who have purchased at least once"  

kaanayfer
Tourist
14 0 1

they informed me that with a discount using this customer segment, if a customer types in the discount code, it will show the code is active, but apparently will not let them checkout

Erin
Shopify Staff
1024 134 165

Hi, @kaanayfer. Please reach out to our support team through the Help Center here for more help with this. While we can't see any account information here over the Shopify Community, if you contact us through the Help Center we can review this with you in more detail to determine why this is happening.

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog