Discounted price for over 100 SKU's for the summer sale

Discounted price for over 100 SKU's for the summer sale

VmA
Excursionist
19 0 5

Hello all,

We have a fashion / gifts store and we need to change the pricing in the online store and the pos for the summer sale. 

Can anybody suggest the quickest, smoothest way to alter the price to 30% discount. If we do it in the shopify backend there is no clear separation between the seasons. Or if we do it manually SKU by SKU I cannot see an option on the iPhone to scan and then add a discount price.

Thank you for any suggestions and please do not hesitate to contact if you need more information.

Thanks 
Will & Ilka

Replies 6 (6)

Blair
Shopify Staff
2036 264 239

Hey @VmA,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with updating products to reflect a discount, to get this resolved. To ensure I'm fully understanding, you're looking to update the product pricing for various products as opposed to offering a discount code, correct?

If yes, I'd recommend utilizing the Product CSV File. The CSV will allow you to export all products you're looking to discount, making an adjustment to the product pricing and compare at price. To export the CSV file, it's recommended to check out our Exporting Products documentation for detailed steps on how to achieve this. We also have a Sample CSV File that can be used for reference when creating your own CSV file.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

VmA
Excursionist
19 0 5

Hi Blair, thank you for the reply. 

I thinkusing the csv would be the cleanest way but i would have no way of identifying which items are on discount or not, such as fashion form summer 2022.

Blair
Shopify Staff
2036 264 239

Hi @VmA,

Thank you for the prompt response, as I'm happy to provide some further assistance. To ensure I'm fully understanding, do you have a list of products that will be discounted? 

If so, you can head into the admin and select those products to export into a CSV file and discount separately. This would ensure that only those products are updated and all remaining products on the shop will remain their regular price. 

I look forward to your response!

Blair | Shopify 

VmA
Excursionist
19 0 5

Hi Blair,

Sorry for the delay, i was away from the office. 

This is the issue, I do not have at list for particular item such as SS22. That is was i'd like to bring in. I am not receiving fashion for AW22, how can i now add a code such as AW22 to all these items that i will have access to but not the customers?

Blair
Shopify Staff
2036 264 239

Hi @VmA,

No problem at all!

To confirm I'm understanding, you're looking to create a discount code for products but keep it hidden from customers until ready correct? If so, you can proceed by adding those new products to the shop and keeping their product status as draft.

Once this has been successfully completed you can create the discount code, but set the active dates to when it's decided to launch publicly to customers. This will ensure that it is unable to be used online until the release date. If you're looking to test the discount, you can do so under the Customer Eligibility section where you can select the customer account you created for yourself.

It's important to note that if you'd like to test the discount you will need to make both the discount and products live. This however, can be hidden directly after (i.e placing products back into draft and making the discount unavailable). 

Please let me know if you have any other concerns!

Blair | Shopify 

AnnaO
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

Hi @VmA 

There is an app exactly for this task: Edited - Bulk Product Management. You can easily and quickly adjust the needed prices by % or by $amount, as well as get the prices back after the summer sale.

30%.jpg

There is a free plan - feel free to try this solution.

Anna

Alpha Serve | Shopify Apps