Does Shopify POS support other receipt printers than Star Micronics?

I'm setting up POS for our client and we can't connect Shopify POS to receipt printers. It's so hard to buy a Star Micronics printers here. 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/pos-classic/hardware/receipt-printers

Do I have to use Star printer only or does Shopify supports others printers too?

Thank you!

Shopify Partner since 2014.
Haddin
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
4 0 1

Hey @tranphu!

Haddin here from the Shopify Retail team!

That's correct - at the moment, Shopify POS only works with specific Star Micronics receipt printers. I'd recommend checking out the master list of supported hardware by model number to get an idea of what hardware will work with Shopify POS here:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/pos-classic/hardware/hardware-overview#model-numbe...

If you're having trouble finding Star Micronics receipt printers in your region, I'd also suggest checking our list of recommended vendors here. 

Take care!

Haddin | Retail Technical Merchant Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Commonwealth
2 0 0

Hi, I have a Star Micronics TSP143IIIW receipt printer. Will this work with Shopify? Thanks!

0 Likes
Haddin
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
4 0 1

Hey @Commonwealth!

Yes, your TSP143IIIW printer will work with Shopify POS as long as your store is on the Shopify plan or higher. In this case, you can follow the same steps as  the TSP100IIIW printer, as the TSP143IIIW is part of the same family of printers from Star Micronics. You can find these instructions on our Help Center:

Star Micronics TSP100IIIW (Wifi) receipt printer installation and setup 

Take care!

Haddin | Retail Technical Merchant Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Roman89
Explorer
63 0 48

Can I ask why it takes so long for Shopify to have all the hardware you offer available in all countries you are active in? This makes it so difficult because most people don't know a lot about hardware (including me).

Is there a date yet when Shopify expends to other countries with the hardware then it might be better for me to wait a bit...

0 Likes
thewhitebrick
2 0 2

Would Star Micronics TSP143IIIU printer work with a new Shopify Retail POS system?

Stephen34
Shopify Partner
59 1 84

Can multiple ipads connect to the same printer? If so, would it be the wifi or bluetooth version? Is one of the printers more stable than the other and not really have connectivity issues and such?  We take the ipads out of the store often, is one of these priinters more likely to automatically work when a ipad is brought back into the store without having to do anything to reconnect them?

Also, I really have the same question regarding scanners....is one of the scanners more likely to reconnect to the ipad automatically when the ipad is brought back in the store? And stay connected well.

Thanks

0 Likes
Stephen34
Shopify Partner
59 1 84
@Haddin
Can multiple ipads connect to the same printer? If so, would it be the wifi or bluetooth version printers? Is the wifi or bluetooth more stable than the other or have better (re)connectivity? We take the ipads out of the store often, so I'd like to know if one of these printers more likely to automatically work when a ipad is brought back into the store without having to do anything to reconnect them?

Also, I really have the same question regarding scanners....is one of the scanners more likely to reconnect to the ipad automatically when the ipad is brought back in the store? And stay connected well.

Thanks

0 Likes
Roman89
Explorer
63 0 48

@Haddin wrote:

Hey @Commonwealth!

Yes, your TSP143IIIW printer will work with Shopify POS as long as your store is on the Shopify plan or higher. In this case, you can follow the same steps as  the TSP100IIIW printer, as the TSP143IIIW is part of the same family of printers from Star Micronics. You can find these instructions on our Help Center:

Star Micronics TSP100IIIW (Wifi) receipt printer installation and setup 

Take care!

I hope you are 100% right about this and the TSP143IIIW printer will work on the shopify pos software because I have been searching for weeks(!!!!) for the ones mentioned on the shopify lists and they are nowhere to buy in europe which is VERY BAD and Shopify provides no help AT ALL. I can buy them online but it costs me like 300$(!!!!) to be shipped to the Netherlands..

I really can't believe why it is soooooooooooooo difficult to provide hardware in all the countries you provide shopify pos. It's 2020... And then Shopify dares to asks $90 dollar for the Shopify pos pro... Are you kidding me?!

Coolzed1000
1 0 0
Hi
Does all chromebook are compatible with the TSP143IIIW?
I bought one via Shopify hardware store and I cannot connect the wifi printer with shopify pos app installed on my chromebook.

I tried with my android phone and It's work.

Once the printer is connected to the network, Shopify POS app in the chromebook cannot detect the wifi printer.
Anyone can help?
0 Likes