What's the best Shopify platform for a vintage film poster store?

Wobblydoggy
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Folks

Let me get this out there first and apologise! 

I'm a 59 year old dinosaur!

I know exactly how i'd like my store to look but there are so many apps that I'm overwhelmed with it all.

I want to feature and sell authentic vintage movie posters from the 50's until now.

I have over 7000 but would feature 1160 monthly and I add inventory regularly as I find them.

Can any one recommend the best platform for this please?

I envisage 24 posters a page and all the normal About Us, Contact and other relevant links.

I want to run a blog or news letters and to link a payment platform/partner

Any info gratefully received.

I am in UK so if a US member replies I might be asleep, but I promise I'll reply asap

Many thanks 

Replies 3 (3)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @Wobblydoggy 

Thanks for reaching out! I'd be happy to offer some insight into your situation. Rest assured, Shopify would be a perfect platform for you to turn your movie poster business. 

If you find the technical aspect of building a store overwhelming and have a budget set aside, I'd consider hiring a Shopify expert to design and set up the store for you. Our Shopify expert directory can be found here. From this directory, you can filter freelancers by price range, industry expertise, and even their country location (especially handy when you have someone in the same timezone as you). 

If hiring this part out just isn't an option, we have built an extensive catalog of guides and video tutorials to show you the ropes.

If videos are your thing, our Help Center Youtube channel is always there. In fact, we have a playlist for new merchants just like yourself to take you through the essentials of getting started. Our 16 video playlist here is a great starting point. I recommend starting a free trial if you haven't already and simply following along with the videos.

If you prefer reading tutorials, our step-by-step starting guide is the perfect place to begin. 

Of course, If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know. Our Shopify support team is always readily available to help answer any questions that you may have as you begin your entrepreneurial journey with Shopify.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Wobblydoggy
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you Dirk

I'll have a look at those.

I think the Testament Shop Theme might suit me.

Whatever I choose MUST accept Canvy Created Images though as I theme posters how they look in room settings like the image here. 75b63acd-c78b-46e0-93b6-5ae84bd5bb30_thumb.jpg5fd6114b-a86e-48d7-b4ab-60175823dd61_thumb.jpg2391e147-083c-4c82-94c4-400a51f4217c_thumb.jpg

pearlsamith
Visitor
1 0 0

Starting a store for vintage movie posters is a great idea. Consider platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce for your needs. They're user-friendly and offer e-commerce features, customizable designs, and movie blog or newsletter support. You can integrate payment platforms too. Best of luck with your venture!

joni