Fulfillment location different from POS location

Michael_George1
Tourist
10 0 1

Not sure if this is in the correct section or not.  I need to fulfill orders from a location different from my POS location.  My POS locations are temporary shows that I attend.  I do not have a retail location.  When calculating shipping charges on items, Shopify is using the POS location for calculation of rates.  Is there a way to change this location to the actual fulfillment location?   

Thanks.......

Replies 7 (7)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Michael_George1.

Welcome to our Community forum! Thank you for bringing your question here. I'm happy to provide you with more information on adding a new fulfillment location to calculate your shipping rates accordingly. 

Just to ensure that I'm on the same page, are these shipping calculations products that are sold online? Or, at the shows that you attend, which still require shipping? Either way, you will first need to add your fulfillment location in Settings > Locations. You don't need to remove your POS location, you will simply just need to add a new location

26-14-27362-34314

From there, you can enter the information of your fulfillment location. To avoid confusion, you can title the location 'fulfillment' or something similar. If you want the inventory at this location to be available for online purchases, then check Fulfill online orders from this location. Next, you can go into your shipping settings and ensure that the location chosen is to ship from your new location.  If you want to keep the same shipping profiles, you can simply change the 'shipping from' section by following these steps: Edit a Zone. If you're creating an entirely new shipping profile, it will look something like this: 

Once those changes are complete, the shipping rates will be calculated from your fulfillment location to your customer. Please let me know if that is helpful. Otherwise, I'm more than happy to continue to work on this together. In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your buisness! What type of products do you sell at the shows? Do you also sell products online?

Talk soon, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Michael_George1
Tourist
10 0 1

Thanks Luna: 

The location I ship from is already listed as one of the locations.  I will check my shipping settings to see what needs to be changed.  I only attend shows and then have an online presence.  I don't have a retail storefront.  

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Michael_George1.

Thanks for getting back to me! Take a look at your shipping settings, and let me know if you have any questions. Since you have already added your fulfilment location within Settings > Locations, it should be as simple as changing the 'ship from' address in your shipping rates.

Warmly, 

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Michael_George1.

Just checking in! Did that help to solve the problem? Otherwise, we can continue to look into this together!

All the best, 

Michael_George1
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi Luna:

I checked the shipping and everything was in order.  It still used the POS location when I would purchase a shipping label.  I WAS able to change the location through the invoice screen( the three little dots to the right of the invoice number) and it appears that did it.  At least the return shipping address is listed correctly on the label which I assume is charging the correct rates due to this.  So to summarize what had to be done was:

1.  Unarchive transaction

2. Cancel Fulfillment for invoice.

3.  Change location on the invoice to the correct shipping location.

From that point it was the same process as fulfilling/shipping any online order.  

Shopify needs to look at some type of resolution for this.  Attending shows only does not justify the PRO option for the POS.  Thanks for your assistance on this.

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Michael_George1.

Thank you very much for getting back to me with this update. I definitely understand where you're coming from. I'm going to bring this to my team and share your feedback. I will keep you posted with any alternative solutions. 

Best, 

CossetDataWiz
Excursionist
22 1 2

I have the opposite problem and need help. We have three Retail locations, each with their own POS and inventory. We have a Corporate location where we produce and warehouse our items as well as fulfill Online and Wholesale orders.  When someone checks out at a Retail location, the order is fulfilled from that location's inventory BUT when an order is shipped from any Retail location through the POS, the order is fulfilled out of Corporate's inventory.  Please advise.