Solved

Why doesn't Shopify reflect gift card sales in daily income?

Bron
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, I have sold quite a few gift cards in the last weeks, but they don't go into my income on the day of purchase. If Shopify pays the Gift Card into my income when the gift card is spent, what happens to the gift card income that some recipients do not bother to spend? 

Accepted Solution (1)
Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

This is an accepted solution.

I'm glad to hear you have received the payouts. It's been my pleasure, happy to have helped you figure that one out.

Best of luck with your store and keep on selling those gift cards!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Hey, @Bron 

Eunice here from Shopify, thanks for posting!

Congratulations on the gift card sales, that's awesome! You won't need to wait until the gift is used in-store to receive your funds, however, you also won't be paid out immediately. This will depend on your pay period, which usually ranges from 2-4 business days. Are you using Shopify Payments? To find out when your payout is due check out this page here. If you're not using Shopify Payments, I recommend checking in with your chosen third-party payment provider to find out when their pay period is. 

With regards to un-used gift cards or gift cards with a remaining balance, these might eventually expire depending on your country's gift card expiration rules and regulations. Check out this page to learn more.

Remember, gift cards can be redeemed on any of your sales channels that use Shopify's checkout - including Facebook Shop! Do you have a Facebook page set up for your business yet? Utilizing social media is a great way to increase store traffic and sales, as well as being an awesome way to provide your customers with social proof. To learn how to set up the Facebook sales channel check out this handy resource from the Shopify Help Center.

I hope this helps! 

Bron
Visitor
3 0 0
Thanks Eunice!
I was confused in that it did not seem to reach my daily totals, but I see that it does go into our payment. I appreciate your taking the time to help me work it out,
Bron 🙂
Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

This is an accepted solution.

I'm glad to hear you have received the payouts. It's been my pleasure, happy to have helped you figure that one out.

Best of luck with your store and keep on selling those gift cards!