Help wanted. Barcode/ Inventorying solution for Brick and Mortar + E-comm store

James_Lang1
2 0 0

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with some advice on how I can go about inventorying a large inventory of accessories (jewelry, handbags, purses etc etc) in the easiest way possible.  There has to be an easier way then typing out each product in dymo and creating individual barcode numbers for each product, this will take years.

I tried installing the shopify barcode app, but got no where with it.  It was a struggle to install it, chrome wouldn't recognize it, I followed all the steps to allow it to install and it still didnt install.  I finally got it installed through a Mozilla browser but that's about as far as I got with that.  

I'm hoping someone has been in my shoes in the past and figured out a great solution for creating barcode labels for a  large inventory and also uploading products to their shopify POS so that same inventory can be on the online store.

Please help!

Thank you,

James "newbie"

0 Likes
Dumitro
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
43 0 2

Hello James, 

I am Dumitro, a Support Guru with Shopify and I would be happy to shed some light on creating labels and barcodes for your products.

I'm sorry to hear you had so many issues getting the barcode app installed into Chrome. You should contact Shopify Support  for assistance with that. You said you installed it with FireFox, what happened after that? Were you not able to print yout labels? 

As for "uploading products to the Shopify POS so that same inventory can be on the online store" this is a native function of the POS app already, inventory will sync automatically.

Have a great day,

Dumitro R.
Support Guru
Shopify

[Shopify Plus](http://www.shopify.com/plus/contact) is a white-glove ecommerce solution for emerging brands and high-volume businesses. [Learn more »](http://www.shopify.com/plus/contact)

Have a great day, Dumitro R. Support Guru Shopify
0 Likes